Lt. Commander
Star Trek Online is up for a host of awards at Massively's Player's Choice Awards. Head over to Massively to vote for us!

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Have done already, keep up the great work guys
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 11:40 AM
First and voted all for sto where i could
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 11:41 AM
i have cast my votes.

yeah the improvements have been staggering. considering where the game was 10 months ago. i hope next year sees equal if not greater improvements.

keep up the great work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 11:48 AM
STO is slowly being turned around towards being a completely improved game than say a year ago.
Still needs content and tings to actually do but in my eyes it is a million times better than past reviewers gave STO, ill be voteing for STO this time around!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2010, 11:51 AM
LOl shouldn't have told me that i voted all bad for you guys even the worse mmo studio of the decade which is true in my view anyway
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Yep, already voted yesterday. I mainly voted for STO where I though they should win, but I had to choose other games in other categories. (I'm not going to vote for Cryptic or STO simply so they can win; what would be the point of that?) I think this game has come a long way in the past year (I was playing the CB this time last year, and boy, what a difference a year makes, heh.), and I look forward to the future improvements.

Good luck, STO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfire01 View Post
LOl shouldn't have told me that i voted all bad for you guys even the worse mmo studio of the decade which is true in my view anyway
LOL, what's worse? That you think they're the worst MMO studio of the decade, or that you have a subscription to a game made by them? :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Voted - but as usual Massevely's bias' shows in that:

1) No FFXI in the survey (and no, I'm not a fan of it, but we ARE supposedly talking a comprehensive survey.)

2) CCP (Developer of EVE: Online is a choice for 'Best Developer' but absent from the choice of 'Worst Developer')

3) Lego Universe (just released in October 2010) is up for "Best Family MMO of the decade"?!

4) WarHammer Online up for "Best F2P/Freemiun Conversion" when Mythic HAS NOT announced that WAR is going F2P at all - and is still a standard subscription based MMO.

And I can guarentee if any Cryptic product wins in the 'best of" stuff, any comment Massively makes as a result will be a backhanded one; and (unfortunately this is more likely) if Cryptic wins any "Worst of" stuff - they'll get an extra special bashing by TPTB at Massively.

But again, given the outright mistakes and wholesale ommissions in these surveys to begin with, Massively just again shows their bias and inability to accurately and objectively report on the MMO industry in general.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Votes Cast
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Voted positively for STO on all occasions bar one, the "Best Crafting" one.
Yeah i know there are improvements on the way but even with what I've read about these, to me a least, I think its still sub par. An apt metifore for this would be, you can pour glitter on a t*rd for as long as you want, but at the end of day your still just gonna have a glittery t*rd! (Sorry for the crudeness of this, but that's how i feel about the current crafting system and its latest glittery improvements).
Star Wars Galaxies got it spot on and that was made nearly a decade ago, it's system has still not been beaten and is widely regarded as THE benchmark for all MMO Crafting systems. If they could only emulate or just plain steal some of this system then they would be on a winner. Crafting was an enjoyable and rewarding experience in SWG, I miss it dearly.
<Insert NGE Grumble here>

That aside, a good mate of mine from Lord of the Rings Online a year a go gave me a Trial Key for STO's Open Beta with the words "its good but not great, it does have loads of potential though", after trying the game for a little while I was forced to agree. I can say now, a year later that even then I underestimated the potential STO had, the quality and depth of the game's improvments in this past year has blown me away. Its a testiment to all the hard work of the guys at Cryptic!
STO has come on leaps and bounds and in a cheesy way I actually kinda feel proud that I stuck with it and have been along for the ride!

Well done guys, I hope you win!
(sort that crafting out tho )