Lt. Commander
# 1 Crafting Holy Crap!
12-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Does anybody else realize that with the crafting changes taking place tomorrow afternoon that today & tomorrow morning is our last chance to max out crafting as-is?

Considering that those with max crafting skills now retain that level of crafting with the changes, and that leveling your crafting skill is easier now, is anybody other then me going to make a mad dash to Memory Alpha to max out today in order to be maxed tomorrow?

I mean, sure, right now, you need to have base items (pfft, conveniently available at Memory Alpha), but crafting a bunch of schematics is going to be costly in low-level anomalies tomorrow. So you're going to have a crap-ton of red anomalies tomorrow to make it through the Schematics and the low-level items.

I for one am getting it out of the way today.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2010, 12:58 PM
i got it out the way about 4 months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I've never even tried it, and it looks like now it's too late before the update hits
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm glad I've hardly done any crafting, because if your already maxed out then the new systems basically offers no new content for you. The main reason I've avoided crafting is because of how lame it was. Now that its not as lame I will hopefully enjoy working my way through it. Those that are already maxed have nothing new to look forward to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Does anybody else realize that with the crafting changes taking place tomorrow afternoon that today & tomorrow morning is our last chance to max out crafting as-is?

Considering that those with max crafting skills now retain that level of crafting with the changes, and that leveling your crafting skill is easier now, is anybody other then me going to make a mad dash to Memory Alpha to max out today in order to be maxed tomorrow?

I mean, sure, right now, you need to have base items (pfft, conveniently available at Memory Alpha), but crafting a bunch of schematics is going to be costly in low-level anomalies tomorrow. So you're going to have a crap-ton of red anomalies tomorrow to make it through the Schematics and the low-level items.

I for one am getting it out of the way today.
Don't worry, when Season 4 hits (if what the Devs are saying) you'll have more crafting work to do then)

One nice thing - Anomoly Stacks nowmax at 250 (on Tribble); and the drop rate and what drops where have been reworked so that the type of drops more closely match the level of the system you're in - so if you need low/Red stuff ---> Delta Volanis, etc. Also, the rare/unique anomolies are now non bound and drop a bit more too.

They finally have crafting to a point where I might start using it after season 3 hits; and I like where they plan to take the crafting system (Based on what DStahl says he wabnts to do for the Crafting system with Season 4).
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm glad I've hardly done any crafting, because if your already maxed out then the new systems basically offers no new content for you.
There's new items coming for each of the crafting branches, so if you do it today or tonight or tomorrow morning, you get the new ability to craft the new items the second the changes go live.

If you start crafting tomorrow, post-change, you're going to have to work up through more prerequisites to get to those items, costing more anomalies and more time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
I'm glad I've hardly done any crafting, because if your already maxed out then the new systems basically offers no new content for you. The main reason I've avoided crafting is because of how lame it was. Now that its not as lame I will hopefully enjoy working my way through it. Those that are already maxed have nothing new to look forward to.
Actaually they've stated they're adding 100 more items - so you might find something with bonuses you like better compared to what was in the Crafting system before - so saying those who maxed out have nothing new to look forward to isn't quite accurate.

On Tribble:

- Anomoly Stacks max at 250 (meaning more bank space frees up)
- You DON'T need 'base items' anymore (meaning again, more bank space, and less out of poket cost for an items)
- More Items to choose from
- Blue/Unique Anomolies are no longer palyer-bound.

So, there's still nice changes for those who maxed out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
There's new items coming for each of the crafting branches, so if you do it today or tonight or tomorrow morning, you get the new ability to craft the new items the second the changes go live.

If you start crafting tomorrow, post-change, you're going to have to work up through more prerequisites to get to those items, costing more anomalies and more time.
I have to admit I'm not very familiar with the new changes other than what I've read on the forums. However, are these items truly new to the game or are they things most high level players would already have through other means?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
I have to admit I'm not very familiar with the new changes other than what I've read on the forums. However, are these items truly new to the game or are they things most high level players would already have through other means?
The new items are peppered throughout all the levels, new stuff for Lt. Characters to VAs, including Rare and Very Rare items, there's craft-able items that were normally reserved for Marks of Exploration & Marks of Valor, and items of that same level & rarity that simply weren't available before via any means but a lucky drop. And then once you consider how much easier it is to farm high-level anomalies compared to the marks..

It's just more reasonable to get the crafting skill then to grind for marks of any kind. Emblems still retain their value, however.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2010, 01:23 PM
i have noticed the damage of these weapons are fractionally higher than the ones you buy with marks and medals, but they tend to have less extra stuff (like accuracy and critical damage etc), so you do have a choice in terms of what to equip.

i think for low level characters the changes are good and means less farming star clusters or pvp and you might see some good blues and purples at lower levels but they have yet to release the mark XI and XII stuff so its hard to tell if they will be worth getting. im waiting for when they start adding really unique items in.

there does still seem to be gaps and not everything is craftable yet but it makes it more of an option than it was before.

klingons do apparently get to craft a mek'leth at higher levels it seems.