Lt. Commander
# 1 In-game customer service
12-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Hoenstly, I am not trying to flame on this question. It was just something I was thinking about after hearing a segment on Clark Howard talking about customer no service. Hopefully it will not degrade into a troll and flame fest, but rather maybe give some valid feedback to Cryptic on how to improve their customer service.

That said - has anyone ever really been helped by submitting a help ticket?

I tend to get Captian "Cut n Paste" for my response, but had a shining gem the other night...

Was on the other night and ran into a situation. Ran into where I would be doing dilpomatic investigations, make it too the planet where I am suposed to scan power cells or the like and end up in a firefight with klingons. Happened multiple times, so I submitted a ticket.

Response was less than stellar - basically told me (paraphasing how it came off to me) stop sending them stupid help requests, use the submit bug button than annoy them, and basically shut up, sit down and play the game because your issue should have been submitted as a bug and not a help request...

Kind of put me off a bit for submitting squat...

Anyways, wanted to see if I am alone in that that this was a 1 off instance, of if this is the nrom.

Thanks!
Blakinik
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Im not sure what you expected.

Help requests are for just that HELP. Like being trapped or stuck or unable to play at all. Problems that can be fixed with a touch of CSR magic. How exactly did you expect them to fix your problem? Make the Klingons go away? Send you diplomatic Xp just cause you've had some trouble? Warp you to a new map?

What exactly would they be able to do, that moment, to fix things for you?

You expected the unreasonable, and got told so. I don't really see a problem here. You should of bugged it and moved on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 01:12 PM
CS could have at least filed the bug report for the player without making a song and dance about it.
They can then tell the player that they have filed it as a bug report, and maybe even Politely explain the difference between help a GM can provide and when a Bug Report is required.
No visible frustrations. no condescending attitude.

GMs know their limitations, players do not. This is why every player needs to be dealt with a whole load of patience.

The whole point of having CS is to keep customers happy. If there's a bad apple in the barrel making people come to the forums and complain about their attitude, then I guess something's not going quite right.