Lt. Commander
# 11
12-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I've got a question - and I apologize if the answer is obvious to some...

I've been stockpiling mats for a few months and have not really been crafting anything at all. Am I, and those like me (fellow pack-rats), who never really sold or used crafting materials, protected from the general sense of panic and rush to max crafting before the update? Normally, I wouldn't worry much, but then again I am reminded of sudden changes to in-game items - for example, prototype consoles.

Also, could someone be kind enough to link that developer thread with the memory alpha changes for the sleep-deprived/lazy/etc?
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Yup, been farming anomalies for the past 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alnilam
Also, could someone be kind enough to link that developer thread with the memory alpha changes for the sleep-deprived/lazy/etc?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191020
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alnilam
I've got a question - and I apologize if the answer is obvious to some...

I've been stockpiling mats for a few months and have not really been crafting anything at all. Am I, and those like me (fellow pack-rats), who never really sold or used crafting materials, protected from the general sense of panic and rush to max crafting before the update? Normally, I wouldn't worry much, but then again I am reminded of sudden changes to in-game items - for example, prototype consoles.

Here's the notes on the last update to Tribble, this is what can be expected to go live tomorrow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Crafting
  • Based on Tribble Feedback, the old specialization trees have been replaced by putting everything into General Research up to Rare Mark 10. Any skill you had previously invested into Energy Fields, Physical Science, and Technical R&D will be translated into General Research when this update goes to Holodeck up to a maximum skill of 1500. If you had 500 General Skill, you will still have 500 general skill. If you had 500 General and 500 Energy Fields, and 500 Adv. Energy Fields, you will now have 1500 General. If you had maxed out everything, you will now have 1500. If you had 500 in General, and 350 in Energy Fields, and 200 in Physical Science, you will now have 1050 in General Research. *This allows all players to retain their existing progress without losing access to any recipes.*
  • In addition, the crafting UI has been organized into 4 specific tabs: Personal Equipment, Starship Weapons, Starship Components, and Schematics.
  • Within each tab, the drop down filter now properly narrows the display down to the select filter.
  • New Advanced Research Fields for building Very Rare MK 10 and above items will be added in a future update coming soon.
  • The Research UI now shows the new Research progress value.
  • Selecting Show All in the Filter list no longer prevents any items from showing.
*This is what gives the advantage to crafting now, rather than after it goes live with Season 3 tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-08-2010, 01:45 PM
thank you both for your kind replies!
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
There's new items coming for each of the crafting branches, so if you do it today or tonight or tomorrow morning, you get the new ability to craft the new items the second the changes go live.

If you start crafting tomorrow, post-change, you're going to have to work up through more prerequisites to get to those items, costing more anomalies and more time.
glad I didn't get into crafting
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Here's the notes on the last update to Tribble, this is what can be expected to go live tomorrow:

*This is what gives the advantage to crafting now, rather than after it goes live with Season 3 tomorrow.
but with the streamlined crafting resources needed per item it might (and im not sure) work out cheaper to craft tomorrow.

if you have enough resources to craft today then go for it, but if you dont, holding fire might work out cheaper.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm glad I've hardly done any crafting, because if your already maxed out then the new systems basically offers no new content for you. The main reason I've avoided crafting is because of how lame it was. Now that its not as lame I will hopefully enjoy working my way through it. Those that are already maxed have nothing new to look forward to.
*cough* it means I'll have energy fields capped out and ready for the new capstone gear from the end of the tree *cough*
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
but with the streamlined crafting resources needed per item it might (and im not sure) work out cheaper to craft tomorrow.

if you have enough resources to craft today then go for it, but if you dont, holding fire might work out cheaper.
It is a gamble, but we don't know quite how different the anomaly drops will be, besides, who wants to take the chance that their current stockpile of anomalies will be enough?

It's down to two possibilities in my mind:
  1. Max out the Crafting trees today and be fully leveled when the changes hit tomorrow, or,
  2. Wait til tomorrow and very likely have more anomaly farming to do before I can hit the crafting cap.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Just one question regarding this thread's title...

Wouldn't you have to be a preist of some sort to craft holy crap?

And what kind of buffs do you get from holy crap?
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-08-2010, 03:12 PM
We should be finding out sometime tonight, since Season 3 goes live tomorrow there's probably going to be another Tribble Update tonight to implement the new crafting system and put in the high level gear.