Lt. Commander
OK,

So I have diplomatic immunity.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to join a crystalline entity instance.

I suppose I could join a group. Will this work? Is there any other way? It would be nice to be able to JOIN like the old days by talking to it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_NerdChieftain_o_HON3
OK,

So I have diplomatic immunity.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to join a crystalline entity instance.

I suppose I could join a group. Will this work? Is there any other way? It would be nice to be able to JOIN like the old days by talking to it.
Wait for the immunity to run out or tell people to stop casting it on you.

As far as I knew, the immunity did not prevent you from flying into enemies and initiating a battle yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I was referring to the diplomatic immunity I have because of my Diplomatic Rank, not the power / buff.
(AFAIK, the power/buff doesn't do anything.)

Before I got diplomatic immunity, enemies -6 or less compared to me would not seek me out, but I could still engage them if I wanted.

Now, I can fly straight into patrolling enemies and no longer get the "talk to ..." clickable option to engage them.

So I cannot do quests, which require these encounters.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 07:46 PM
You can do the quests. You simply need to find DSE patrols that are already in conflict - the big red puff balls with small ships flying around inside of them. If you go up to them you can enter their conflict. They just won't hunt you down and auto-engage you any more - though some foes that don't recognize your DI will, such as the Terran Empire and Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 07:58 PM
It is good to know this work around exists, but I am finding open conflict is pretty rare and a hard find these days.

Does anyone know of another work around?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_NerdChieftain_o_HON3
It is good to know this work around exists, but I am finding open conflict is pretty rare and a hard find these days.

Does anyone know of another work around?
What regular level are you?

NPCs ignore your ship partly due to being super-high level (i.e. Borg ignore VA1 characters, Sirius Sector Klingons ignore LtCmdr.).