Lt. Commander
# 31
12-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
Okay - as one of the players that has experienced this..... From the Kling side - let me give you a little input.

1)No, it wasn't a hack I was trying. It was a log-out (from Fed) log back in to Klingon character, and the servers dropped me back in Fed space. Why ? Dunno. Don't care. And this was NOT tribble - it was Holodeck.

2)Yes, I flew around Sirius sector. I beamed into SOL, and paid Quinn a visit. And yes...as soon as the roving Security teams seen me, they fired on me immediately. Even if I just stood in the corner and did nothing. I took two steps in Quinn's office, and that was enough to aggro several NPCs.

3)yes - you can kill the NPCs on ESD. But you better not wake up the Security patrols.

4)Yes, you can target and kill NPC ships in Starbase 24 action. The Klingon fleet treats you like a brother!

5)Yes - I kept screen-shots. They are on our fleet's website. And yes...we had fun with it.

6)Yes, it apparently p.o'ed a few people. How dare I ? Simple - a gift for tinkering was given to me somehow, and I - ever the curious one - took it. If you are looking for an apology, you are gonna wait a long long long time. I didn't hack this together in any way shape or form, but not going to pass up an outstanding chance to learn some game-dynamics when presented to me !!
In summary, you were inconsiderate of the other players and "Griefed" ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Sometimes there isn't multiple instances to jump between.

Since the ice cube grenade has been brought up by the KDF members, lets use that as an example. That send you into red alert correct? By mechanics of the game it is an attack. Somebody is tossing them around driving you bonkers freezing you over and over. Freezing NPCs so they cannot be interacted with ect. Would it not be nice to be able to counter attack and potentially send the nutter home?
If you are referring to the Breen Bio-Dampener one that can target allies, it does not throw you into red alert, block NPCs from interacting or break your current dialog box with anyone. The only thing I have seen it break was an emotion in progress.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
If you are referring to the Breen Bio-Dampener one that can target allies, it does not throw you into red alert, block NPCs from interacting or break your current dialog box with anyone. The only thing I have seen it break was an emotion in progress.
Ooo! Now now, lets not forget the ALL IMPORTANT immersion factor... the primary argument against the biothermal dampener. The same reason some players HATE seeing TOS costumes in current era spacedock, the SAME players who want to eliminate the 300 day firework emote, the SAME players who can't stand seeing people dance around while they are RPing... in a public place.

Wah...

Back to the topic at hand, Klingons on Spacedock... killing players who can't fight back, and NPCs who give missions... yes, that is nothing more than greifing. You can sugar coat it all you want, but it is greifing all the same.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
I have noticed a few times KDF visitors on Sol vaporizing NPC quest givers near the shipyard ramp. My suggestion to Cryptic, there should be a trigger if a visiting KDF player in Federation territory. When they do anything hostile, they should be flagged as such and a valid target to any player until dead. Respawn would kick the offenders butt back to Qo'nos C.O.D

The same could go for visiting Federation characters should the KDF ever gain the ability to invite fed players over.
I agree with you 100%
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I think the devs should add a rare "Raid The Planet" mission for us in our star clusters. LOL

If we accept the mission it should randomly beam us to a fed starbase and give us X amount of time to Complete X number of NPC and or Player kills before we will be forced to Head back home. lol

Come on FEDS you know you want it.

Really don't blame players foe being curious when a bug traps them in Sol Space ect... report the bug and move on with your life.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Klingons can't get on ESD in Holodeck server? One such thread about it.

Of course, Stormie is on top of it, glad there was one reply on the situation from the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We're looking into this guys.

I can't tell you all anything more than that, but please rest assured that we are on it.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Of course, if any fed player had the option to either ignore it or help drive the attacker off the stations. Then there may not be reason to be concerned.

Cursix; Yes I overstated that a bit. The bio dampener throws you into an "alerted" posture but not really red alert. I could have sworn initially it did.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-08-2010, 04:15 PM
I would buy a lifetime sub if i could have an hour to rampage on ESD.
Total win.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Wah wah wah...I can't talk to the dead guys on ESD....hmmm I wonder what the little button on the lower left of my map is for??? In case you didn't get it.....that was sarcasm. For another dose of it try this....Gee...isn't it great that while we are playing Dabo in the one and ONLY place the Klingon side can go...those AWSOME humans can sit there and launch multiple Breen Biotherm devices at us?

Eye for an eye and grief for a grief....the only problem is when the Klingons get to ESD it's only on tribble or RARELY able to on Holodeck but you FEDS have access to Drozanna on both anytime you want. You want to report a Klink player for exacting revenge on tribble server then you must also report the fed player on the live server griefing us....because we Klingon faction players don't get all whiny to the parents (devs).

Just go do something else if you have to....it's a big universe.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbyrd
Wah wah wah...I can't talk to the dead guys on ESD....hmmm I wonder what the little button on the lower left of my map is for??? In case you didn't get it.....that was sarcasm. For another dose of it try this....Gee...isn't it great that while we are playing Dabo in the one and ONLY place the Klingon side can go...those AWSOME humans can sit there and launch multiple Breen Biotherm devices at us?

Eye for an eye and grief for a grief....the only problem is when the Klingons get to ESD it's only on tribble or RARELY able to on Holodeck but you FEDS have access to Drozanna on both anytime you want. You want to report a Klink player for exacting revenge on tribble server then you must also report the fed player on the live server griefing us....because we Klingon faction players don't get all whiny to the parents (devs).

Just go do something else if you have to....it's a big universe.
This behavior, this is exactly what I am talking about.

First of all, throwing a dampener at anyone playing dabo... doesn't stop them from playing dabo.
Second, getting hit by a dampener has absolutely NO effect on you unless you were in the middle of an emote.
Third, getting hit by a dampener can't kill you.
Fourth, yeah several Klingons get plenty whiny to the 'parents' pretty much daily on the forums.
Fifth, when you are under lvl 10, and you litterally have ZERO quests in your log because all the NPCs are DEAD, then the universe isn't so big.

So yeah buddy... your little 'eye for an eye' rant is a giant load of bull. You haven't a leg to stand on in this argument whatsoever. Nothing any biothermal dampener has ever done, can even come close to matching this. Seriously if your entire position is based on:
"Well someone did it to me first"
That is exactly the type of pathetic adolescant attitude that cause greifers in the first place. So welcome aboard the I.K.S. Douchebag, take a seat with the rest of your pals. Can I interest you in a nice tall frosty glass of shut-the-hell-up?
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Treagersama is my hero...
Closed Thread