Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I posted this on the Foundry forums and I apologize since this isn't where this is supposed to go, but a friend and I are both having trouble getting past the create new character screen under the "create content" tab. Everything is greyed out, I've worked on it a bit before just fine but today I came on to get myself a little more familiar with and I couldn't get past this screen.

I deleted the test character and tried to create a new one, only to have that button greyed out as well (even though the pop up says I have two remaining character slots).

I've looked on the foundry forums and found nothing that addresses this issue so I'm just wondering if it is down.

Again, I apologize for posting this here but I don't get as much time to play STO as I'd like to and right now is one of the very few nights where I get to geek out on it and I planned to spend most of that geeking on the Foundry. I'd appreciate some sort of answer (and I seriously don't mean that in a condescending way, I'm sure you Devs have a lot on your plate right now!) as soon as possible.

Edit: Gah, nevermind, didn't see the update in the forums *is blind* All apologies!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Tribble Release Notes. Look at 6 December, 2nd paragraph.

Gym "Since Foundry's on Tribble..." Quirk
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 08:08 PM
The Foundry was taken offline due to server strain issues and back-end maintenance.

Fixes and changes are incoming to improve responsiveness and ensure data integrity.

Also, cake.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 09:19 PM
So just to confirm, we can take the instance of these buttons being grayed out to mean that Foundry is down for maintenance or fixes in the future, once this goes live?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
So just to confirm, we can take the instance of these buttons being grayed out to mean that Foundry is down for maintenance or fixes in the future, once this goes live?
Yep, the Dev's are hoping to get it back up soon (in the next few days, they were hoping) but they couldn't guarantee that. They've said that missions already created can still be played though (at least I think that's what they said)