Lt. Commander
# 11
12-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_pain
oh ok so you didn't attack a D7 that blew up near it or use fire at will?
I don't see any defeated D7s in the log recently or around when it said I failed the mission. At least i know no IKS ships should have been around or targeted by me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Gawd Darnit. How could this have happened to me?!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Claiming that you've been backstabbed by a game developer because you failed a mission is stupid.
I know it may be stupid, but I am just very frustrated right now. You do not expect such things to happen. However, with this game, I am beginning to understand Murphy's Law seems to apply throughout through and through.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Can't believe that in the time it took me to rant in this thread, I would have been long done with the mission and been enjoying something else in the game waiting for season 3. Now this experience, gives yet another reason to dislike the upcoming update beyond sectror space. to dislike this upcoming update.

Was really hoping to use those limited items for a stroyline/macinima I had planned for the future, but I guess that is now in the crapper.

Son of a... *sigh* Server could stay down for all I care at this point.

Never really thought this game would ever make me feel like one of those people that QQ.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-09-2010, 03:15 AM
Get over it. Please?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-09-2010, 03:16 AM
I will eventually... or maybe not. I can hold a grude at times, but I know to hold this one would just be silly. :

Thanks for the smile. p
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-09-2010, 03:19 AM
A few moments before it blew up, it targeted your ship and decided to ram you. If you let it get close enough to you... BOOM. It's what a Klingon would do if you disabled his weapons, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Ah lucky don't be terribly upset. :p

I literally was six comet shards destroyed away from completing that mission. Started the devidian series from the first episode less than hour before the server went down. Talk about bitter sweet. I'm just flipping that I made it that far. Literally one more minute and I would have had it. So close....

Besides, we had plenty of time to complete those missions and no one to blame but ourselves for the loss.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
I know it may be stupid, but I am just very frustrated right now. You do not expect such things to happen. However, with this game, I am beginning to understand Murphy's Law seems to apply throughout through and through.
I understand your pain. The item you missed out on is cool to have. You should file a petition with Cryptic about it if you haven't already.

However, this episode has been out for over a month already now. Were you unable in all that time to complete it? Today I went through the entire Devidian arc twice to help my fleetmates complete it. I did this in three hours. Could you really not have found the time to do it even once?

I'm sure Cryptic will release the Devidian cane later on as a reward when Night of the Comet becomes repeatable. The one thing that an mmo playerbase will not tolerate is a situation of "haves" and "have-nots".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Son of a... *sigh* Server could stay down for all I care at this point.
Dude! Get some perspective: All you've missed out on is a damn cane that has a special attack every 3 minutes! You'd really give up on the whole game because of that?
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
A few moments before it blew up, it targeted your ship and decided to ram you. If you let it get close enough to you... BOOM. It's what a Klingon would do if you disabled his weapons, after all.
Oh crap. I think after all this rant, someone finally explained what happened. What in the world? I did not realize that was the thing that hit me. I was wondering what that "ramming" was all about as I don't have that option and there was no reason to ram me as i was losing the battle badly(I had respawnwed three times at that point just in this area alone).

So back to Cryptic. Why in the WORLD would you make a potentionally unavoidable storyline part of the mission something that can end the expierience completely for the player without any action at their part at all. I did not even blow up. My shields went down and i went down to 50% and heck did not even notice the ship had him me. I thought I had disable the ship at the beginning of the instance so how did someone so important get another, Geez. This is frustrating. I do not remember any ramming instances at all being mentioned as a part of this mision's storyline.

Thank You Aris. Apologies to all for my ranting. But it was better than doing something silly like screaming or hurling actually expletives at the forum for something that was somewhat mostly in my control.

however, i still remain slightly miffed at Cryptic and the mission's designer for this as it is a game killer to have something like this happen with NO player input or choice at all. Very dispointing after such a memorable experience up to that point.