Lt. Commander
# 21
12-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
You should file a petition with Cryptic about it if you haven't already.
I'm sure all he'd get is a name change token. :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-09-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
however, i still remain slightly miffed at Cryptic and the mission's designer for this as it is a game killer to have something like this happen with NO player input or choice at all. Very dispointing after such a memorable experience up to that point.
I completed the mission successfully on my first try. How did I do it? Well the Klingon ships will always chase after you no matter how far away from them you are, so I lured Captain B'vat in the opposite direction of the comet, THEN disabled his ship. Every time I blew up a comet fragment I disabled the next wave of ships that came after me. By he time B'vat ordered ramming speed, he was too far away to even reach me. What prevented you from figuring out this tactic?
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-09-2010, 03:31 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
I completed the mission successfully on my first try. How did I do it? Well the Klingon ships will always chase after you no matter how far away from them you are, so I lured Captain B'vat in the opposite direction of the comet, THEN disabled his ship. Every time I blew up a comet fragment I disabled the next wave of ships that came after me. By he time B'vat ordered ramming speed, he was too far away to even reach me. What prevented you from figuring out this tactic?
Oh I don't know. .... how about I did not know about the ramming speed tactitc he was gonna use? :p

I know My Bad. But I did not want to spoil the Klingon experience (with spoilers). And believe it or not, during the final moment of the mision, the server shutdown acdded that extra level of real life tension that unfortunately like Russion Roulette did not end well for me.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Lol classic nerd rage
Lol reported you for trolling.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-09-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Lol reported you for trolling.
I just KNEW someone was going to do that to my N-E-R-D rage eventually.

*runs and hides before Stormshade hits*

Edit: oh wait. You were not reporting me. Very well. Carry on.

Btw, i am not spamming. really i am not. just replying when appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
I just KNEW someone was going to do that to my N-E-R-D rage eventually.

*runs and hides before Stormshade hits*
You misunderstand. I reported HIM for trolling your thread.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-09-2010, 03:38 AM
i dont think there is anything wrong with the feature, just bad timing with the server shutdown and whatever has made it worse.

but if you dont know about it and your positioned close enough to b'vat when he tries to ram you its easy to get court of guard.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Well, as nemesis pointed out, they'll be doing re-plays soon enough and you'll get another chance at the reward.

I know it's aggravating, but it's best to move on. At least you know you're not the only one who was so close... if that's any comfort at all.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Im guessing the astroid explosion got the klingon ship and you suffer for that then. Cant you redo it? oh and season 3 is out today with mission replay so you will get you mission rewared. I wouldnt worry about it, the rewards go to c store or become available another way some time in the future.