Lt. Commander
# 41
12-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
so it seems that quadridirectional is actually a word. I can't have anything.

lame
lol.

Anyway, it already seems that people who understand more about how the game works have stated that the bridge view probably couldn't happen. That said, I wouldn't want it in PvP because I have enough problems not sucking as it is, however, I could get excited about a bridge view in PvE which sometimes causes me to fall asleep due to a lack of difficulty and consequences.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm genuinely surprised something like this wasn't built into the game from the start.

That said, with the current game design it just wouldn't be feasible to do. Though if they ever do get around to implementing a feature like this I would more than approve. The latest ask cryptic states their motto is for the game to be "more Trek". Well it doesn't get any more trek than that. The bridge should be the center of the action, not just a set piece.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anslem
I'm genuinely surprised something like this wasn't built into the game from the start.

That said, with the current game design it just wouldn't be feasible to do. Though if they ever do get around to implementing a feature like this I would more than approve. The latest ask cryptic states their motto is for the game to be "more Trek". Well it doesn't get any more trek than that. The bridge should be the center of the action, not just a set piece.
QFT.........
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anslem

Indeed.

At this point I'd just be happy to travel through sector space while in my interior.

"Ensign, set a course for Deep Space Nine. Yeah, yeah, quite a ways away, so I'll be in Ten Forward. Page me when we get there and I'll go to the transporter room and beam down."

That'd make me happy.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
Indeed.

At this point I'd just be happy to travel through sector space while in my interior.

"Ensign, set a course for Deep Space Nine. Yeah, yeah, quite a ways away, so I'll be in Ten Forward. Page me when we get there and I'll go to the transporter room and beam down."

That'd make me happy.
This, provided it was optional, not mandatory (let me keep traveling Sector Space the way I do now should I choose) is actually the only way of playing from the bridge I agree with.

Any changes to how I travel/fight/play through the game should be up to me, I don't want to be forced onto my bridge if I don't have to be, thank you very much. After all, this is a game, not a simulation, it's not meant to be a perfectly accurate reproduction of how the shows and movies were.

Some things that make the game fun and playable have to come before realism.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
This, provided it was optional, not mandatory (let me keep traveling Sector Space the way I do now should I choose) is actually the only way of playing from the bridge I agree with.

Any changes to how I travel/fight/play through the game should be up to me, I don't want to be forced onto my bridge if I don't have to be, thank you very much. After all, this is a game, not a simulation, it's not meant to be a perfectly accurate reproduction of how the shows and movies were.

I agree being forced into playing a game in a way that is not fun to you should not be acceptable; but I feel that there is a very big piece missing from this game, and that is making it feel more like the shows. I would love the idea of traveling through sector space in my bridge, but I mean if that cant or wont happen is it so much to ask that I sometimes get missions in my ship... or get to stare down/talk down an enemy on my view screen?
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:

Bwahahahahaha - your signature is awesome. But, I digress.

I agree that it should be optional. Traveling from system to system via the bridge would be neat. (Says the link in my sig. )
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:

I do think the the engine should be reworked or modified for multiple view points, or a dynamic instance with sector space travel and view screen interaction......bare minimum, and this title was to be the ultimate "FUN" Star Trek simulator and the culmination of all the best Trek games.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:

I'll agree with that. Would be a nice option, though.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-09-2010, 06:44 AM
In the past I would have said I don't care about this option; now I would say I'm actively against it. Why? Because it would be another huge, dead-end distraction like the ship interiors.

And let's face it...if you were trying to command a ship in 3d, you would want maximum situational awareness, and would be looking at a screen...like the one you look at now.