Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 11
12-09-2010, 05:52 AM
I still like STO and feel that it is slowly growing into its own. I had no expectations and suffered no loss of glee over its design and impletation as a MMO, as I knew that being a MMO settings it would not have the same feel as the TV shows and movies which are told from a limited perspective.

Quote:
1) Repetitiveness: Keep doing the same missions day after day, especially with multiple characters, it becomes boring. Exploration missions are really terrible with this.
Not that I disagree, but all MMO's eventually hit this stage.

Quote:
2) Fast Climb to High-End: For a hardcore player this can be easily done within a few days. They hit high-end, do everything, grind emblems and equip their characters and that's it, nothing else to do.
I agree, the meat of the MMO is pretty thin.

Quote:
3) A war without a war. Territoral PvP on multiple fronts would really add to the emersion of actual war and give players a reason to fight.
I agree.

Quote:
4) Socializing: Outside of Earth, there is very little communication and very little reason for players to socialize. The return of the STFs might get some people to gain friendships for a little while at least.
I agree.

These all all areas that need improvement, but you must admit that things have gotten better since beta/launch/etc.