Lt. Commander
# 1 Trek 2009 in STO
12-09-2010, 06:23 AM
I've been thinking about making this thread for a while. There are people who hate the direction abrams has taken with the latest film. Nevertheless, the story is intergrated in the game. Romulus is destroyed and spock takes responsibility. But this is not a thread about story intergration or whether you liked or disliked the latest film. I want to appeal to those who loved the gear, uniforms, ships and numerous other details of the film and want to see them ingame.
The utility belt with the 2009 phaser, I think it will fit very well in STO. The kelvin class would make a great addition. Give female players those new uhura skirts ^^. I've also been suggesting that the design of the upcoming Enterpise F should resemble the 2009 enterprise. I was thinking of a cross between the Ambassador class and the 2009.
The transporter effects of the latest film were beautiful, I'd like to see those ingame. The cadet uniforms look great and I know there are some people who want them. I also noticed that in the final scene, the uniform pike is wearing when gets relieved, resembles the TMP uniform very closely. Spock's time ship, with the spinning nacelle, don't know how to fit it in yet but the storyline of the game allows it to be ingame. Also it would be a very nice addition to the current ship fx effects.
The klingon helmets, seen in the deleted scene at the klingon penal conoly are awesome. I haven't got a KDF character but I'll root for the klingons till they get these.

But if we have to start somewhere: The utility belt with a holstered phaser, with the right stun/kill swiitch. We haven't got holstered phasers yet, I've been wanting them for a long time, but maybe it's an idea to start with this one.

Share your thoughts and or exchange more trek 2009 ideas for sto
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 06:28 AM
I'm all for the holster, although the flippy nozzel phasers can stay in the JJ-Verse. Also, the Armstrong-class looks like a nice direction to go for some new triple nacelle designs. A little variety to spice up some ship architecture.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 06:32 AM
As of right now STO has no rights to anything from the JJverse. Will be a long time in coming, if ever.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
As of right now STO has no rights to anything from the JJverse. Will be a long time in coming, if ever.
Atually isn't one of the c-store bridges already based off the '09 bridge? if they can have that in the game...
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Atually isn't one of the c-store bridges already based off the '09 bridge? if they can have that in the game...
might be based off of, but it is different enough so that it doesn't have copyright issues. I wouldn't surprised to see more "Based off of" or "inspired by" designs from the JJ movies, but having the "real deal" isn't going to happen for awhile.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 06:44 AM
As far as I am aware, everything from that movie is owned by Paramount and not CBS, so Cryptic can't use it without getting a licence from them.

While I don't like the direction that movie went, far too many changes to be Trek for my liking (but as you said, this is not what the threads about.), there are a couple things I wouldn't mind seeing: first that comes to mind is the uniforms, the one thing I think they made modern well without taking away from the original that I would think Cryptics team could make to look stunning ingame.

No offence to anyone who liked it, but I'd hate to see that Enterprise in game, i'd rather see a miniature J (and I am against that completely) than to have that abomination in game. It looked horrid and I once compared it to putting a mini skirt on the Statue of Liberty to make it hip.... why not give her a smart phone too, it'd be only fitting?

This is how it should of looked: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Enterprise.jpg and I would be happy if that one made it ingame
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Wrong time line.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2010, 07:33 AM
I'd like to see a Narada-type ship in the game. The retrofitted borg technology would be cool on other Romulan ships too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post

This is how it should of looked: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Enterprise.jpg and I would be happy if that one made it ingame
ah! I just created a thread in the Ten Forward board asking where that design is from. I've seen it several times, what is it?

Is it just concept art?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post
As far as I am aware, everything from that movie is owned by Paramount and not CBS, so Cryptic can't use it without getting a licence from them.

While I don't like the direction that movie went, far too many changes to be Trek for my liking (but as you said, this is not what the threads about.), there are a couple things I wouldn't mind seeing: first that comes to mind is the uniforms, the one thing I think they made modern well without taking away from the original that I would think Cryptics team could make to look stunning ingame.

No offence to anyone who liked it, but I'd hate to see that Enterprise in game, i'd rather see a miniature J (and I am against that completely) than to have that abomination in game. It looked horrid and I once compared it to putting a mini skirt on the Statue of Liberty to make it hip.... why not give her a smart phone too, it'd be only fitting?

That would have been a way better enterprise. The JJ-enterprise isnt bad, but this would have been 10x, or even 100x better!
Closed Thread