Lt. Commander
# 41
12-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Cloak was separated in two groups because they learned the majority of the fed players would just sit there waiting for the klingon to decloak. They wouldn't even bother using their own abilities to repair themselves, change position, or try to locate the klingon vessel etc...

Deer in Headlight syndrome -- Feds have it

edit - The K'Vort needs to be added with the same BO layout as the Excelsior - with stats that befit a cruiser not a BoP.

Im arguing against giving any ship that has lots of hull and powers for tanking that hull a battle cloak, not against klinks getting a k'vort.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Honestly, I'd put an oversized B'rel (which the K'vort really is) as a Heavy Bird of Prey (i.e. Tier 5)
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
Im arguing against giving any ship that has lots of hull and powers for tanking that hull a battle cloak, not against klinks getting a k'vort.
Agreed.

As much as I like the K'Vort, equipping a cruiser (as tanky as they are in sto) with battlecloak would be pure folly.

Either a slightly softer hitting raptor /w battlecloak. Or cruiser with regular cloak and some innate tactical ability (innate RCF1 or HYT1). Something like how the galaxy-x gets a free BO1 with it's spinal lance.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
The K'Vort should be an Alternate Costume for the Tier 5 BOP, the BOP that is there just looks bad. Not like a REAL one. Nuff said.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidy View Post
The K'Vort should be an Alternate Costume for the Tier 5 BOP, the BOP that is there just looks bad. Not like a REAL one. Nuff said.
They "could" do that. But it'd be more interesting to have them add the K'Vort as a new ship. Adding it as a new ship wouldn't trample the folks that like the B'rel as is, and would give KDF players an additional ship to choose from.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
Just pointing out that it is canon and cryptic did it for balance.

K'Vort must have the same BO Layout as the Excelsior. A tac oriented cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_pickles View Post
They "could" do that. But it'd be more interesting to have them add the K'Vort as a new ship. Adding it as a new ship wouldn't trample the folks that like the B'rel as is, and would give KDF players an additional ship to choose from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Just pointing out that it is canon and cryptic did it for balance.

K'Vort must have the same BO Layout as the Excelsior. A tac oriented cruiser.
Well the K'Vort should be still a BoP; wich means Universal slots and Battle cloak. And I wouldnt know where to take away things to build him.
The B'rel lost hull and an console for that enhanced bc.... I dont see where to take away Hull to make him a K'Vort.

IF they make it an own ship It came to my mind to give it a special ability "kind of" like the Galaxy retrofit. Of Course the shouldnt be anything to seperate, but may be an ability to switch between a more heavy shieldet ship with less fire power and less maneuverability with wings up and.... well the "normal" bop build with wings down. (Like the G-retofits balltle-scection wich is more maneuverable and has more firepower without the saucer)
But after all, I still thing it should be a simple ship costume for the Hegh'ta.

And for a Klingon version of the Excelsior I still thing the K'tinga would be the better choice; it was constructet about the same time the Excelsior was build, it was more or less the same size, non canon sources keep telling us that the Excelsior was build to have a ship en par with the K'tinga. The K'Vort is the wrong one for that purpose i believe.