Lt. Commander
Several tweaks I'd like to see:

1. The big planet description boxes right in the center of the screen are annoying. Now, I can hit F12, then move the contact box, but I like the small little "interact with this" box in the center of the screen. So I'd like to see one of the following:
A. The ability to set the box to be minimal in size, no picture of the planet, no description, just nice and small like it was.
B. It considered something other than the interact box, so I can shove that big box off to a less annoying place, while leaving the small interaction box right in the center of the screen where it grabs my attention.

Either way, I'm happy, though I prefer B, as the picture of the planet and the system info is kind of nice.

2. A couple of improvements could be made to the journal screen.
A. Completed missions should be at the top of the list for the in progress tab, shown before any non-completed missions. Rather annoying to have to search down a list of PvP and repeatable missions to find that one completed one, something like "turret killer" buried in deep.
B. Double clicking a completed mission should hail the KDF/Starfleet.

3. Distance to X info in sector space - With Astrometrics turned off, I'd like this shown the entire time, not go away once I get close to a system. With it on, I'd like it as well, actually.

4. Make the astrometrics button go away. Enabling or Disabling astrometrics should be either in options or else in the additional options (the down triangle) next to the map. It should not always be on the screen. Part of why I turn off astrometrics is to give space a more space like feeling. That button there...that detracts from that. And since there isn't a reason to want to turn it on and off all the time, it shouldn't be there.

And a suggestion:
The Slipstream drive currently goes in the powers bar. When you are max level, especially in a science ship, those spots are at a premium. Sure, you can put it on a different tab and go to that tab in sector space, but why bother when there's a better way to handle it. It really should just enable the full impulse button in sector space, rather than being a regular hotkey.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Axterix neatly sums up all of my own frustrations and wishes with regard to the UI changes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
1. The big planet description boxes right in the center of the screen are annoying. Now, I can hit F12, then move the contact box, but I like the small little "interact with this" box in the center of the screen. So I'd like to see one of the following:
A. The ability to set the box to be minimal in size, no picture of the planet, no description, just nice and small like it was.
B. It considered something other than the interact box, so I can shove that big box off to a less annoying place, while leaving the small interaction box right in the center of the screen where it grabs my attention.
You can hide the picture and the info text by clicking the little triangle button above the interact button and below the picture, leaving only the interact button. It should remember that setting on future occasions as whatever you had it as last.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
You can hide the picture and the info text by clicking the little triangle button above the interact button and below the picture, leaving only the interact button. It should remember that setting on future occasions as whatever you had it as last.
Thanks.

What a non-intuitive button shape that is. So, guess that can go on the list...a shrink button that is obvious, intuitive, like a simple down pointing triangle.

And, regardless, I'd still rather have option B. Nifty text off somewhere non-annoying, interact box in the center
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I have mixed feelings about it. Astrometrics off is gorgeous, but I feel like I'm moving even slower than I did before, and I can't stand travel time. I wish I could keep grid lines on, but keep the expanding star systems.

Also the lack of distance information at under 3AU is extremely annoying in exploration nebulas, as they pop in at 2.9AU. Hovering my mouse over them is inconvenient, and often dodgy at actually bringing up the information tooltip while moving. You can't tell at a glance what is 0.5AU away and what is 2.9AU away, so you might wind up flying towards something further away.

Personally I'd like these as HUD options. Throw in a grid line brightness slider for the OP of the thread in general feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Found another thing about Season 3 changes that annoys...

It used to be that I could use powers, including things like full impulse, while a conversation window was up and the window would stay open. Now using full impulse or popping an EPtShields to recharge shields shuts the conversation window. Also annoys on ground missions. Beam in, BOff pops up the initial conversation and I click my tribble for buff, conversation closes.

This is annoying. Previous functionality was superior.

Needs to be restored.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2010, 03:43 PM
And another thing that needs improving: The new white outline on toggled powers needs to be changed to something like a tint of the entire button.

Right now, if you hover the cursor over a power, it gets a yellow outline. Which means if you hover the cursor over a toggled power, you don't see the white outline and therefore the button is no longer an indicator as to whether or not the power is active or not.

With pre-patch functionality, you knew it was, since the power was greyed out but did not have a countdown on it.

It needs to return to pre-patch functionality, although possibly with a different color tint.