Lt. Commander
# 21
12-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I think you guys need to make another pass on this one. The wrinkles and bunching show your artist has a lot of talent.. but they aren't right for THIS uniform, it was supposed to be sleek looking.

It also shows how the TNG badge is TOO BIG.

The fact is, a lot of the "canon" uniforms need the same "refinement" that the canon ships have been getting. More options, better coloring (the blacks aren't dark enough) and some fitting issues.
The comm badge is huge.

Cryptic, a reply please about these issues? Or do you simply not care?
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey man, take it easy, getting confrontational towards the devs won't help

Your feedback is registered, they'll see it..
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
I think you guys need to make another pass on this one. The wrinkles and bunching show your artist has a lot of talent.. but they aren't right for THIS uniform, it was supposed to be sleek looking.

It also shows how the TNG badge is TOO BIG.

The fact is, a lot of the "canon" uniforms need the same "refinement" that the canon ships have been getting. More options, better coloring (the blacks aren't dark enough) and some fitting issues.
There is an intentional choice with all uniforms to take the detail you'd see at three feet and blow it up so it's visible at twenty. Characters aren't meant to be viewed in extreme closeup and their textures have an "opera makeup" effect, so they're best viewed at long range.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
There is an intentional choice with all uniforms to take the detail you'd see at three feet and blow it up so it's visible at twenty. Characters aren't meant to be viewed in extreme closeup and their textures have an "opera makeup" effect, so they're best viewed at long range.
Are you referring to the badge issue?

Because the scale is wrong no matter how far you stand from them, 3 feet or 20 - they don't match the scale of the canon uniforms, and that is the whole point of having them.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Have you ever thought that those wrinkles just might be a result of your toons wrinkled skin underneath.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Are you referring to the badge issue?

Because the scale is wrong no matter how far you stand from them, 3 feet or 20 - they don't match the scale of the canon uniforms, and that is the whole point of having them.
Yes the TNG combadge scale has been off since day -5. Nothing new about scaling issues, it just wasn't as noticeable with the full torso tops.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Have you ever thought that those wrinkles just might be a result of your toons wrinkled skin underneath.
If so, its time to tuck it in
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Why is it Federation female only? I want gender equality, dammit!
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Men deserve plunging necklines and unitards too! What would Khan have been without his epic man cleavage!
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
/signed

also, any ETA on the All Good Things uniforms yet?