Lt. Commander
# 1 Much love, Cryptic
12-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't really post on the forums but thought I would take the time, while Season 3 patches, to send some positive karma to the devs and all the cryptic folk who work hard on STO.

This game just keeps on getting better and better. Nothing pleases me more than noticing a visual effect or musical cue that I hadn't noticed before. The mission content has really come a long way; what a pleasant memory it is to think back on spending Halloween being chased by a maniacal insane hologram through the bowels of a broken down starbase. And having been around from the beginning and noticing each gradual step towards something that is incrementally "more Trek", as dstahl says, is quite gratifying.

A lot of the unfinished corners of STO make me think of preproduction photos I've seen of the Enterprise-D bridge: stories, just waiting to be told. So I can't wait to see where you take the game, and I'll be along for the ride. As a lifer and someone with an appreciation of the complex enterprise (pun intended) that comprises your business, I kind of feel like I've gotten my money's worth already, so I often buy whatever swag's available in the store (and is of some potential use) as further encouragement to keep headed in the direction you're heading.

While I get the sense that you get a lot of flak from the Comic Book Guys on the forum, I think there's a silent majority who are too busy playing the game to complain. Oh, and I can't wait for the Foundry. Wait until you see what we do with your game.

End subspace transmission.
Lt. Commander
I'm quite pleased with this latest patch. the R&D is better, in ease of creating items. The space graphics run smoother and I especially find the sector space pleasing, meaning my starship looks great.

Earilier today I installed the latest patch and this seemed to caused problems for me in launching the game exe file. After several attempts I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled the game from STO website. The patching process lasted 2-3 hours but it was the only way to resolve this issue.
Anyway, Hat's off to Cryptic. The game is getting better every month.

For those of you only complain and complain about this MMO, try putting in suggestions for improvement.

Kes
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Agreed, the game does keep getting better and better. Next week i'm going for a Life-time subscription. If Cryptic keep working on STO, Season's 4, 5 and 6 will cement this game completely. Heres hoping for a great future.