Lt. Commander
# 61
12-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
Um...

When you're trying to blow up te last two asteroid shards, that particular D7 will attempt to ram you *yes, even when it's supposed to be "disabled) - there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it message to that effect when it does. At that point, that D7 uses the Ramming Speed ability to try to nail you, and if it does, the ship blows up without warning, insta-failing the mission.

Perhaps that happened to you? Basically, when you see the message you need to change course, as that D7 will only move in a straight line, towards the point you were when you got the message.

Perhaps that's what happened?
This is exactly what happend to me just before the server down time, first and only time I failed a mission so it made me laugh at the irony of it. I was able to complete it by logging and logging back in after 20 minutes not thirty
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
Um...

When you're trying to blow up te last two asteroid shards, that particular D7 will attempt to ram you *yes, even when it's supposed to be "disabled) - there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it message to that effect when it does. At that point, that D7 uses the Ramming Speed ability to try to nail you, and if it does, the ship blows up without warning, insta-failing the mission.

Perhaps that happened to you? Basically, when you see the message you need to change course, as that D7 will only move in a straight line, towards the point you were when you got the message.

Perhaps that's what happened?

Oh, I know that is EXACTLY what happened in hindsight. So much was happening as I excitedly tried to finish in time, that the event took me completely by surprise.

Btw, I gotta say that all this new darkness in sector space(even with astrometrics still enabled) is "Blinding." :p
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Just want to point out that one of your BOFFs does tell you that he's going to ram you and that you aren't allowed to shoot him anymore from that point on. Additionally, he talks to you about going to ramming speed first, I believe.

*shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 64
12-09-2010, 11:46 AM
well, if you are really wanting the cane, i imagine you can expect in the C-store sometime next year eventually. They have pretty much said as such with these rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 65
12-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Ok, just completed the mission. I finished like a Klingon. My blood boiled hot with thoughts of vengeance and revenge from the unfortunate mishap from earlier.

What was odd though was that I saw a mission message that not altering the timeline was failed, but no fail mission was given and I don't think I was rammed this time by the IKS. I am about to head back to present to be sure though.

Edit; Yup finished the mission, without the cane. :-(

And it appears the klingons and I assume feeration nwo send out another "ship" to distract the IKS ship from attacking the player, so the timeline is not interrupted when the player goes back to the past to help protect the future. Capice? :-P
Lt. Commander
# 66
12-09-2010, 12:23 PM
And you know its funny, never in the times I finished the mission with my various alts did B'Vat ever successfully ram anything at all. I actually wasn't sure if he actually did anything at all after he said that, but usually he was off in the distance and I rarely made a point of firing anything at him just to be safe as well.
Lt. Commander
# 67
12-09-2010, 02:09 PM
He yells "RAMMING SPEED" for a reason.

This is supposed to happen. If you take too long, he starts trying to ram you, and self destruct.
Lt. Commander
# 68
12-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
And you know its funny, never in the times I finished the mission with my various alts did B'Vat ever successfully ram anything at all. I actually wasn't sure if he actually did anything at all after he said that, but usually he was off in the distance and I rarely made a point of firing anything at him just to be safe as well.
He rammed me and blew up when I was playing my Klingon alt. Usually he's far away or I can just evasive maneuvres away. But I was playing on advanced and got so many injuries that my engines were disabled and I couldn't move. So that's how he managed to fly up and ram me. :p

When I replayed I made sure I brang along some components to repair myself this time. Not having any engines was a nightmare!