Lt. Commander
# 1 Crafting Ques. DEVs
12-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Dear DEVs...

In our fleet we have 1 guy who is the master crafter for all. This makes things much easier for getting credits and for people who need things for their ships. So the question is, if it is possible to UNBIND the new rare anomalies that we get, that bind on pickup? I know that there is an accolade and that is fine and dandy dandy and fine, but for the way we craft it is HORRIBLE because it's 2ice the work to get stuff. As of now people in the fleet get items and stick'em in the fleet bank, then I pick them up w/ my crafter and make stuff...we cannot do that if people have bound anomalies. So is this something that is possible? If you want to make it so they cannot be sold, ok, I am sure you smart guys can come up w/ a code that will prevent that, but can we go back to anomaly sharing, ESPECIALLY with this new system coming up??

Thanks

Lancer
Lt. Commander
last I read is the current rare traces would still be bound, but all new rare traces would not be bound anymore. However, your master crafter will no longer be able to build everything going forward and will need to pick a specialty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videm
However, your master crafter will no longer be able to build everything going forward and will need to pick a specialty.
Incorrect. As of the final idea for S3 as posted by dstahl, everything would go into general now with no specialization, There will be however a change with the upcoming crew revamp in season 4 which will allow for crafting of specific items based on crew set.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm more concerned with something else. As one who already spent considerable time collecting all the anomalies needed to max out his R&D skills, am I going to have to start over all the way from 0 again?

I think the impression most people are having is yes, as evidenced by the recent jump in prices of the data samples on the Exchange. If correct, I'd like to appeal for retaining at least some R&D points (so we don't have to go way back to Delta Volanis again) or at least a refund of my poor, misspent anomalies.

(Of course Cryptic doesn't know exactly what path I advanced my skill along, but they ought to be able to ballpark it...)
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videm
last I read is the current rare traces would still be bound, but all new rare traces would not be bound anymore. However, your master crafter will no longer be able to build everything going forward and will need to pick a specialty.
I believe that a dev clarified that the new "rare" particles would not be bound, but that they will stack with the current ones. And that they will become bound if they are allowed to do so. If your non-crafters want to collect rare particles, it might be a good idea to tell them to clean out their inventories as soon as they log in after the patch, and destroy any of the bound samples. It's a pain to lose them, I'm sure, but it's hardly useful if they collect a hundred of the things and can't trade them, either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Thank You Devs!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2010, 11:11 AM
The Rare particles (even those in inventory) became unbound with the Season 3 patch. Any crafting skills you had before the patch were translated into the new General Skill format and all the crafting stations in all four of the areas on Memory Prime are now General crafting stations. The crafting menu has changed significantly from before but seasoned Crafters will have no problem adapting to the new system. And you will want to keep or resupply your store of entry-level anomalies - they are used to purchase the schematics you now use to build all your equipment. The variety of equipment available for you to build has vastly increased and now includes items that previously could not be crafted at all - such as Mark XI very-rare items. According to the Season 3 release notes there will be a post-S3, but Pre-S4, addition to crafting which will add something like sets.