Lt. Commander
# 11
12-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I was able to heal & extend shields on a fed ship on my team today. Well, i Know the extend shields worked, i'm assuming the heal worked, as I used it first, & he was still targeted for my extend shields.The inability to cross faction team is apparently A BIG Deal with no easy fix, otherwise we would be able to team up for STF's.
I don't mind seeing feds on my team, even though i know i'm probably going to lose because of the whole inability to communicate w/o the whole zone seeing what's being said .I don't care, because to me flying with fed ships on my side is something different than i have done for the last 200+ days in PVP, & any change is welcome.( yes, i have fed toons, But I've hardly played them since season1.2)
I do hope the Devs are working on a cross faction teaming ability, maybe they could put an auto-team function in PVP where when you're put in an arena, everyone on your side is automatically teamed up, & give players the option to drop team if they want after the match starts.(although why they would want to I can't imagine.) Anyway, Enjoy flying with your new allies feds. And I gotta say,Today was kind of disappointing to me. I saw Klingons let Fed teammates die, & laugh about it on team chat. That's just messed up. They didn't ask to fly with us, & we shouldn't just let them die because they're "only" Feds.They're "Our" Feds for the duration of the Arena. Kill them with extreme prejudice when they are on the other side in the next round, but don't just leave them hanging out to dry when they're thinking that Klingons are watching their back.
And if you do, don't brag about it.There's no Honor in that.
A good Fed cruisercaptain can be a powerful ally.
Agreed. I PvP on both factions and I find the whole thing annoying. Cryptic should hotfix a solution to this ASAP. Either someone did not think things through, or someone made the call to implement a half-baked solution. Either way, it need to be resolved.

Just saw the patch notes. Kudos to Cryptic for implementing a patch today to resolve the issue.

*sigh* No more cross faction teaming. I actually liked it. It added a new dimension to PvP and might have helped with all of the "xxxx is OP" issues (or whatever you want to call them). Too bad they did not fix the teaming issue instead.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
sigh* No more cross faction teaming. I actually liked it. It added a new dimension to PvP and might have helped with all of the "xxxx is OP" issues (or whatever you want to call them). Too bad they did not fix the teaming issue instead.
Yes this right here. I would have liked to have teamed up with the 2 "renegade" FED's on the team the other day.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger

Yes this right here. I would have liked to have teamed up with the 2 "renegade" FED's on the team the other day.
Quoted for truth.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-10-2010, 07:54 PM
i thought the last patch fixed this???
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, they" fixed" feds & klinks being on the same side, instead of fixing the ability to let us team up, some of us enjoyed the mixed teams.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-10-2010, 08:14 PM
don't get me wrong, i like the idea of mixed teams.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzlefraggle View Post
don't get me wrong, i like the idea of mixed teams.
i on the other hand think the whole idea is crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
i on the other hand think the whole idea is crazy.
Sure, but it's crazy in a good way!

I hope that some day, when the Romulan faction is added, such teaming will be possible.

Is it possible to have Klingons and Federation players on the same team in Challenge Maps?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Sure, but it's crazy in a good way!

I hope that some day, when the Romulan faction is added, such teaming will be possible.

Is it possible to have Klingons and Federation players on the same team in Challenge Maps?
yes, you be on the same side in a challange map, but you still can't team up.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
You can heal a mixed team, but since you aren't able to team up with a member of the other faction, it's EXTREMELY difficult because you can't see their health status. Good communication only goes so far in this case.
There is actually an option to have everyones health bar over them at all times. i have mine turned on so that i can see all enemy and teammates health at all times. its so much easier than having to click on them or look at the team bar. after all every second counts in pvp.