Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Regardless of increased level caps, there is no T6. T5 is it, and I do believe the devs have even said so at some point. Why would they release all these "refit" T5 ships that everybody wanted for endgame if they are just gonna have another tier of ships? Not to mention there are no T6 skills, the skill tree maxs out at T5, we just get more points to spend as they increase the lvl cap, the reason being that originally the game was not supposed to have a skill point cap.
There's a dev post around here somewhere showing level 61 Fleet Admiral rank and possible T6 ships listed at that level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
There's a dev post around here somewhere showing level 61 Fleet Admiral rank and possible T6 ships listed at that level.
Yeah, I remember seeing that post once upon a time. I'd say Cryptic is just not saying anything on the subject currently, as it will be a minimum of season 6 (probably later than that) before they have time to properly implement anything like this.

We know from past comments (remember the first pass at retrofit ship stats and the Excelsior), that they want to at a minimum overhaul/tweak all the current ship stats/BO allocations. Cryptic has also commented on occasion (I'm pretty sure I remember this as a DStahl comment a while ago) that they would like to implement some kind of ship upgrade system as it is a frequently requested feature on the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
Yeah, I remember seeing that post once upon a time. I'd say Cryptic is just not saying anything on the subject currently, as it will be a minimum of season 6 (probably later than that) before they have time to properly implement anything like this.
Assuming around 3 Seasons a year 6 would put us early 4th quarter of next year. That's right around the time Dan projected for releasing the 1st wave of the Romulan Faction. Season 4 seems to be ground orientated which leaves Season 5 for a level-cap bump - though they could have two 5-step bumps between 4, 5 and 6.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Assuming around 3 Seasons a year 6 would put us early 4th quarter of next year. That's right around the time Dan projected for releasing the 1st wave of the Romulan Faction. Season 4 seems to be ground orientated which leaves Season 5 for a level-cap bump - though they could have two 5-step bumps between 4, 5 and 6.
Ah, I missed the Romulan faction time frame comment before. That would indeed possibly leave season 5 for something like this then. Thanks for the information.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrey77 View Post
Regardless of increased level caps, there is no T6. T5 is it, and I do believe the devs have even said so at some point. Why would they release all these "refit" T5 ships that everybody wanted for endgame if they are just gonna have another tier of ships? Not to mention there are no T6 skills, the skill tree maxs out at T5, we just get more points to spend as they increase the lvl cap, the reason being that originally the game was not supposed to have a skill point cap.
Well what are they going to do/work on for the next year and beyond?

My guess is that they will bring more Ships, Skills, Weapons, Armor, maybe even Power Armor and Ground Vehicles, etc... in the future.

MMO always need more material and people who are paying monthly fees do expect the game to continue to grow and get bigger and bigger

Maybe T6 ships, Captain BOs and T6 skills, will be next Christmas project (Season 6).

Who knows
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-12-2010, 01:09 AM
rember there is the contest for the next canon enterprize
so that may be your t6 ship
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom View Post
As far as I know the new ranks of admiral and fleet admiral are coming out next year.
I am sure T6 ships will be coming out around that time too.
Whether there will even be Tier Six ships is TBD (to be decided) according to the information we have.

I personally hope that we never see another tier. There's just no point to it. It's not like if we get a Tier Six that the enemies are going to remain "levelled" to Tier Five ships. It's a futile arms race with no purpose since you're never going to "get ahead." Since the enemy of "at level" content will always be tailored to provide challenge for what you have at your disposal, the progression that any future tiers will provide is, in fact, an illusion.

Beyond that people have bought, with real money, Tier Five ships. Introducing a Tier Six makes all of those ships obsolete, and those purchases... kind of a bad idea. It also devalues over a dozen products currently available in the C-Store and still for sale (Tier Five ships, and ship skins). The only way to prevent this is to give basically every Tier Five ship a "retrofit" to Tier Six... which raises the question of, if we're still going to have Tier Five ships at Tier Six... why have a Tier Six at all?

It's just a bad idea to introduce another tier.

A better idea is just to expand on what we have in the game. Redesign Tier Five ships and expand and broaden what they're each capable of. Add more to what is available there so that they gain more, and more varied abilities, so that they stand out against each other and more room is created for adding additional ship types to that tier.

Build out instead of up. Instead of adding redundant Tier Six versions of what we have now, start adding in new ship types at Tier Five, with different designs and purposes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-12-2010, 01:50 AM
My guess is one of the t6 ship you guess are all talking about is the tyhpoon class battleship for cruisers and the jupiter class for sci that what ive kinda got from look around for information but who knows

personal i would like them to add a system where you can refit your ship so that if you like the lower tiers ship you can refit them so you get the higher level powers with BOs and have the upgrade hull becuase if you have a nova refit lets say to the next tier it becomes that tier three and you points in and you have a better hull and the what ever else the high tiers get but the crew always stay the same so if you go out of you way to get a Galaxy in crusiers that a little Con ship has the same crew number as you. I just dont know what they would do with the dang T5 galaxy. guess you just have to up to the T5 the boom you got the powers idk
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 PM.