Lt. Commander
# 21
12-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Indeed, would've been better if the rules had it that only the latest submissions are used.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Indeed, would've been better if the rules had it that only the latest submissions are used.
Well, since the submissions are by e-mail address, there was nothing stopping me from using a different version of my name and resubmitting it under one of my other e-mail addresses. But I was hoping the system would have some sort of catch that would say "You have already submitted. Overwrite?"

But I'm going to look at it this way: The rules say one submission per person. I'm going to say that means no Excellence Class AND Universe Class submission. But If I submit one and then submit almost the exact same thing, but with better info, then that should count as one submission.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekky0623 View Post
I'd just like to remind people to please not plagiarize. It will only turn out badly. For example, I've seen a lot of submissions of this:

Century Class USS Enterprise F

by designer DJ Curtis. He's already posted about this on the forums, but I've also seen many other designs that are blatant plagiarism. Please, if you're going to submit a design, put some effort into it.
I just saw a recently uploaded entry that was a picture of the star cruiser from the StarCraft 2 load screen.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Well, since the submissions are by e-mail address, there was nothing stopping me from using a different version of my name and resubmitting it under one of my other e-mail addresses. But I was hoping the system would have some sort of catch that would say "You have already submitted. Overwrite?"

But I'm going to look at it this way: The rules say one submission per person. I'm going to say that means no Excellence Class AND Universe Class submission. But If I submit one and then submit almost the exact same thing, but with better info, then that should count as one submission.
Bob, the rules specifically prohibit using multiple emails to submit entries.

If it were me, I would send Stormshade or another community person a detailed explanation and ask them to clean up your entries. Hopefully, if they can't do it, they can contact the people who can.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I ended up having to upload 2 different images, but it let me use the same email. Maybe it's because I did it 2 seperate days. My initial upload was before I got my scanner up and running again, and it lacked a few details.
First Pic upload
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...k/DSCN1873.jpg
Second Pic upload
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...k/EPSON001.jpg
I labeled the second photo with the name of the original entry number, so hopefully they don't think I'm just tryin to be a jerk about stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Not only is there a number of people trying to claim DJ Curtis's work, which I think is incredible imho, but the ones who put in the NX01, or the Aventine class....I blame the rap music!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-11-2010, 06:59 PM
I do think that it is a shame the Century class designer cannot submit that beautiful ship. I would be proud to call it the Enterprise F.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav750k View Post
I do think that it is a shame the Century class designer cannot submit that beautiful ship. I would be proud to call it the Enterprise F.
completely agree
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-11-2010, 07:35 PM
It makes me want to reinstall BC and load up his ship. I'm gonna go fish through my old pc games and see if I can find the disc.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Bob, the rules specifically prohibit using multiple emails to submit entries.

If it were me, I would send Stormshade or another community person a detailed explanation and ask them to clean up your entries. Hopefully, if they can't do it, they can contact the people who can.
I know the rules prohibit that, but the sign-up sheet provides no way of really enforcing it. Now if it asked for a physical address, then I think it would be hard to circumvent. Understand, I have no desire to circumvent the rules; I just want to make sure my entry gets submitted.

Stormshade and Co. can see this thread. If they feel I may be in the wrong, then I'm sure they will let me know. Only then will I harass a mod over this contest. Mainly because I don't want to bother Stormshade with a long PM when he's just going to direct me to another guy.

But if a mod would like to change it:
Entry 734: Possible copyright issue (I was unaware I was using a Drex file for my template. I thought it was fair use). Entry needs to be removed.

Entry 760: Copyright issues removed. This is my official entry.