Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 1 Stiffed out of my cane
12-13-2010, 05:47 AM
The short version is that I haven't received the unique mission reward "[Ophidian Cane]" for completing the Devidian series but I DID complete the series at the time (with a but.. ).

I personally am not planning spending any more money on this game until this sort of problem is resolved.

Now, if anyone from Cryptic or Atari there cares to keep receiving my money from me for buying Cryptic points (right now they don't appear to give two hoots) please read my complaint and how I ended up without the reward and then come up with a way to resolve this for anyone/everyone who might not have the reward they rightly deserve for such same reasons (and my mission / captains logs will show I played ALL the missions within the eligibility period).

Problem 1: Bug introduced in season 2 that made the Devidian missions SLOW for certain people using ATI hardward (this meant I could not play with my best friend in the game).

This meant that the person I play with the most couldn't effectively (enjoyably) play those missions. Now, he does have the reward but this limited the amount of time I played those missions (as I like to play mainly with my friend).

Problem 2: Right way and wrong way(s) to complete the final key mission coupled with unique reward.

So, I completed this mission the day after its release. However, when I got to the end for some reason (even though I had stopped firing) the Klingon who was not supposed to die... died.

Now, I like to play to get things right. So I dropped and re-accepted the mission on completion (repeat this patter a few times). So finally, my friend tells me he can now play these missions (to which I rejoyce) so we go together and finish the mission. For which I don't get a completion, so we do it AGAIN together. Finally I get a completion but what the **** no reward.

Firstly, I am disinsentivised to even play right now (since I have a collector mentality and that reward is the prime example of collectable) secondly I don't plan to spend any more on a game where I can miss out on "promised" rewards because of issues such as the above.

I admit, if I hadn't been so precious and just accepted the mission complete I would have the reward. Then, if I know the games going to be playing out this way, I won't be happy playing and would be better investing my money in other forms of entertainment.

Suggested Resolution:

A simple resolution would be to keep the reward available for anyone who started the series during the launch. Heck even anyone who was subscribed during the launch deserves a chance IMO.

If your going to give out unique rewards, make it clear! Show in game when you accept the mission or something. Give a big dialog counting down in time to compelete.

What I'm looking for (besides my reward) is ways to make this type of outcome completely impossible (that is, plenty of warning to the player about time limited rewards (and those in game). Also the rewards to be given to ANYONE who played through the games at the time (on final completing the last mission whenever they get around to that [as long as they where subscribed at the time and played all the missions at least once at the time, not necessarily turning in the final one at the time])).

8< - - -

Oh and last point, I know this will likely happen anyway but I might as well make an attempt to limit it happening. Please don't post... well its your own fault type of reply posts. Such posts are unhelpful and stating an obvious viewpoint.

ed; Neither Cryptic or Atari seem to care
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
The short version is that I haven't received the unique mission reward for completing the Devidian series but I DID complete the series at the time (with a but.. ).

I personally am not planning spending any more money on this game until this sort of problem is resolved.

Now, if anyone from Cryptic or Atari there cares to keep receiving my money from me for buying Cryptic points (right now they don't appear to give two hoots) please read my complaint and how I ended up without the reward and then come up with a way to resolve this for anyone/everyone who might not have the reward they rightly deserve for such same reasons (and my mission / captains logs will show I played ALL the missions within the eligibility period).

Problem 1: Bug introduced in season 2 that made the Devidian missions SLOW for certain people using ATI hardward (this meant I could not play with my best friend in the game).

This meant that the person I play with the most couldn't effectively (enjoyably) play those missions. Now, he does have the reward but this limited the amount of time I played those missions (as I like to play mainly with my friend).

Problem 2: Right way and wrong way(s) to complete the final key mission coupled with unique reward.

So, I completed this mission the day after its release. However, when I got to the end for some reason (even though I had stopped firing) the Klingon who was not supposed to die... died.

Now, I like to play to get things right. So I dropped and re-accepted the mission on completion (repeat this patter a few times). So finally, my friend tells me he can now play these missions (to which I rejoyce) so we go together and finish the mission. For which I don't get a completion, so we do it AGAIN together. Finally I get a completion but what the **** no reward.

Firstly, I am disinsentivised to even play right now (since I have a collector mentality and that reward is the prime example of collectable) secondly I don't plan to spend any more on a game where I can miss out on "promised" rewards because of issues such as the above.

I admit, if I hadn't been so precious and just accepted the mission complete I would have the reward. Then, if I know the games going to be playing out this way, I won't be happy playing and would be better investing my money in other forms of entertainment.

Suggested Resolution:

A simple resolution would be to keep the reward available for anyone who started the series during the launch. Heck even anyone who was subscribed during the launch deserves a chance IMO.

If your going to give out unique rewards, make it clear! Show in game when you accept the mission or something. Give a big dialog counting down in time to compelete.

What I'm looking for (besides my reward) is ways to make this type of outcome completely impossible (that is, plenty of warning to the player about time limited rewards (and those in game). Also the rewards to be given to ANYONE who played through the games at the time (on final completing the last mission whenever they get around to that [as long as they where subscribed at the time and played all the missions at least once at the time, not necessarily turning in the final one at the time])).

8< - - -

Oh and last point, I know this will likely happen anyway but I might as well make an attempt to limit it happening. Please don't post... well its your own fault type of reply posts. Such posts are unhelpful and stating an obvious viewpoint.
so, you are having a rant about the limited time the Devidian Series reward, bugs in the Devidian series and suggesting of dropping the limited time offer?

to be honest, i think that the limited time offer is not very good, but it makes people play the mission until nobody can get the reward anymore. im sure itll be on C-Store eventually.

as for the bug, i havent experienced any issues myself so i cant help you there

and also, threatening to not pay anymore money to cryptic is probably not going to make a difference considering how many other players play the game

one final thing, replying to posts maybe quite annoying stating which bits are and arent wrong, but most of the time, people reply to them for conversation
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
The Dynamic Lighting issue with ATI cards has been in the game since launch. It was made more evident because of the 3rd Devidian episode. If you friend turned off his Dynamic Lighting he ATI card would work just fine without causing him to run slower.

Quote:

If you had bothered to read the text messages on the screen you'd know that B'vat ordered ramming speed to hit your ship when you were on the last 2 fragments. The last part of the objective is to destroy the fragments while staying away from B'vat: IE, don't let him ram you. You let him ram your ship, which caused him to die, which changed time, which caused you to fail the mission.

Quote:
It's not Cryptic's fault if you choose to not play episode 5 again in the 3.5 weeks the reward was still available. They've been very clear since Series 1 that each special reward would only be available for a limited time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2010, 06:29 AM
I dont care about the reward....since season 3 hit I can't even complete the Breen episodes due to Cold Case being bugged.

I get what the OP is saying though.........slight inconsistancies abound......
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2010, 06:32 AM
you took to long to play the mission......oops.

sorry no more special reward.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
since season 3 hit I can't even complete the Breen episodes due to Cold Case being bugged.
where's the bug in the mission? like, which part
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Sorry but the devs did say they were not making that reward available after a set amount of time. Someone had the same issue before and that's what one of them said.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
the destroying the rubble on the asteroid is broken on the fourth mission. it cant be completed. the devs know about it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2010, 07:38 AM
well... to be honest, there are people who do not read the forums every day, there are people who do NOT stalk the Dev Tracker for every bit of information.

So no, IN THE GAME... or in the launcher there was NO mention of any rewards beeing time limited.

I think they do a bad job at letting people know these things, it wasn't even on the Homepage as a news, just hidden somewhere in the Forum.

If you call thise "beeing clear" about something, then sorry but no, they can do a better job at giving these infos out to the Playerbase.

@OP: so what you are saying is that there is a bug that
if you play the mission and complete it
but drop it without collecting the reward
you will not get the unique reward the second time you complete ???

that would be a HUGE bug...
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
Where you go to destroy the 3 astroid pieces after you scan the gas and the moon, the 2nd part of the mission. The counter sits at 0 even though you destroyed all 3 astroid fragments....happened on 2 seperate chars so far.