Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
well... to be honest, there are people who do not read the forums every day, there are people who do NOT stalk the Dev Tracker for every bit of information.

So no, IN THE GAME... or in the launcher there was NO mention of any rewards beeing time limited.

I think they do a bad job at letting people know these things, it wasn't even on the Homepage as a news, just hidden somewhere in the Forum.

If you call thise "beeing clear" about something, then sorry but no, they can do a better job at giving these infos out to the Playerbase.
The information is put in the FAQ on the Featured Series webpage, which is available from the Launcher during each Series. Each time the Launcher has a link saying "time to play episode X" it links back to the Featured Series webpage. If people don't want to take the time to read the FAQ or learn about the Series limitations that's not Cryptic's fault. They're not going to put a quote on every episode ad in the Launcher saying "Remember the special reward only lasts a limited amount of time!" They've already said that in the information they're linking you to. Cryptic's provides the information. It's the player's responsibility to read it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The information is put in the FAQ on the Featured Series webpage, which is available from the Launcher during each Series. Each time the Launcher has a link saying "time to play episode X" it links back to the Featured Series webpage. If people don't want to take the time to read the FAQ or learn about the Series limitations that's not Cryptic's fault. They're not going to put a quote on every episode ad in the Launcher saying "Remember the special reward only lasts a limited amount of time!" They've already said that in the information they're linking you to. Cryptic's provides the information. It's the player's responsibility to read it.
I agree with you there Cosmic. I simply assumed that the last reward would be limited time like after the Breen series, for obvious reasons, and it turned out to be right when I read it (somewhere)
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I reallly doubt the mission is bugged.

I know the solution, Cryptic need to create a "Best Complete Before" date, say 24 hours before the final date.

24 hours should be enough time for people to fix sudden ISP issues, hardware failure, failure to pay subscription and just about anything else we all know can happen with computers. Should those things happen on the final date, Cryptic is safe from scrutinyy.

Get it on c-store when it is released, I'll be buying such items for new alts. Thing about it, when a new race comes we'll all want these bonuses on the new alts we created.
Lt. Commander
# 14 Thanks for your understanding
12-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
@OP: so what you are saying is that there is a bug that
if you play the mission and complete it
but drop it without collecting the reward
you will not get the unique reward the second time you complete ???

that would be a HUGE bug...
Sadly, its not the bug thats got me. Its trying to complete the mission perfectly before turning it in.

I basicly completed the mission first time with destroying the ship. I didn't want an inperfect complete so I dropped and re-took the mission. Which I again completed (did this about 3 times). Then decided to wait for my friend to play it again who had already got the reward. I admit that I could have turned in the reward earlier.

What I'm complaining about really is:
  • I had no idea this reward was time limited (unlike the breen BO where they made it clear quite early on).
  • I don't think it should matter when you turn in the reward, just that you played the mission at the time (but obviously it does).
  • The fact that a critical reward mission had a well done and a poorly done ending (I don't mind that kind of ending, but not for a key mission in a mission set).
  • At least with the Breen BO reward (that was taken away) you could still buy it from someone. So, hey thats fine taking it away. Its not taking it out of the game, just limiting supply.
b
Lt. Commander
# 15 Thanks for your reply.
12-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
so, you are having a rant about the limited time the Devidian Series reward, bugs in the Devidian series and suggesting of dropping the limited time offer?
See the post above for clarification.

Quote:
im sure itll be on C-Store eventually.
That would be one solution.

Quote:
Threatening to not pay anymore money to cryptic is probably not going to make a difference considering how many other players play the game
Its not a threat, its just my current stance. Its also a reflection of how much this is annoying me and a chance for them to make a customer happy (as I would with any valued customer.. which is how I keep my business running).

Quote:
replying to posts maybe quite annoying stating which bits are and arent wrong, but most of the time, people reply to them for conversation
I have no problem with conversational posts. Just have no time for "I told you so" type replies (which I am quite please I have had few of).
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
See the post above for clarification.

That would be one solution.

Its not a threat, its just my current stance. Its also a reflection of how much this is annoying me and a chance for them to make a customer happy (as I would with any valued customer.. which is how I keep my business running).

I have no problem with conversational posts. Just have no time for "I told you so" type replies (which I am quite please I have had few of).
well that cleared that up
Lt. Commander
# 17 lol thanks :)
12-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
well that cleared that up
lol.. yeh

Still miss my [Ophidian Cane] tho . I don't have it for any of my characters. Only my main character played through the missions.

I'm very demotivated play wise right now.