Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
Well I've searched around here for what seems like an eternity now and nobody seems to have mentioned it yet. (If I'm wrong about this, please direct me to the correct thread, thanks.)

I noticed this on my computer and a friend of mine confirmed it on his (which uses an ATI graphics card while I'm using Nvidia - which is why I don't believe this to be a graphics error per se).

If you either
- set the camera to "Chase", or
- set it to "Follow target",
the star streaks start to flicker a little bit as soon as the camera "snaps into place" behind your ship. It is most easily reproduced using the "Chase" mode.

Try this: set the camera to Chase mode, start flying in sector space, look at the star streaks as soon as the camera snaps into place behind the ship. Here they start to act up for me. Then move the camera to the side - they act normal. Let go of the mouse button and let the camera snap back into place - they act weird again.

It's not that easily noticeable, which might be why I haven't found any mention of it. It bugs the hell out of me though, which is why I've switched to the "free camera" setting (where this bug doesn't occur).
As I said I don't think it's a graphics error coming from my card, as it happened on a different machine with a different graphics card as well. Plus I've never really had any graphics issues in STO that came from my end.

So can you guys confirm this?