Lt. Commander
# 1 Season 3 Appreciation Thread
12-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Since Season 3 has been released and I've had time to play around with the new features, I must send a heartfelt "Well Done" to the STO team.

Sector space is my favorite part because it looks absolutely stunning with the Astrometrics turned "off ". Also, I love having the ability of mission replay....VERY nice indeed.

Early this morning I had an opportunity to see Coderanger in-game flying an asteroid which was quite hilarious. I conveyed to him my feelings on Season 3 and he suggested that I post my thoughts here.

So....to Coderanger, dstahl, and the STO team, "Thank you" for all the time and hard work you all put into Season 3 and I look forward to Season 4.

Keep up the great work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Flying an Asteroid you say? Any pics?

Also Im guessing this means that Coder, Dstahl, Stormy and whomever else must all be infact Q's
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2010, 12:11 AM
sector space and mission replay...jeepers Wally!...what an update!
*end sarcasm*
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Oh Hey. I passed by you guys before doing Defari Daily's. Nice to actually see this thread. And It was nice to meet CodeRanger in-game. Even If I didn't see the epic thing coderanger was flying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Hey all.

I just wanted to let you folks at Cryptic now how much I love these new Klingon sorties that youíve made for us in the Pi Canis sector. Fan-FREAKING-tasic!
Hereís to hoping we see more of that in the coming months- maybe sorties against the other factions too, like Romulan and Cardassian, heck maybe even against other houses (Martok vs Duras, ect). This is exactly the kind of content I was hoping for with the Klingon faction as Iím not such a PvP guy, but I do love the Klinks.

One thing I did notice as maybe a kind of bug, Iím not sure. The random encounters that are around the Pi Canis sector- we can go into them, we get the mission, but we canít participate. I tried. There was a Gorn Encounter that I went into as my LC Klingon. I got the mission and it was even advanced to 5 of 7 squadrons defeated. There was a Fed cruiser in the instance. So, I tried to assist him, but I couldnít engage the Gorn ship he was attacking. I also could not assist the Gorn by attack the Fed ship. So, essentially, I could do nothing in the instance except watch. No big deal, I guessÖ but it just seemed like a bug, and I think I ticked the Fed ship off because he ended up leaving the instance.
Question: Was it intended for Klingon to participate in Pi Canis encounters?

Anyway, thanks for the Klingon content. Those sorties are a lot of fun!
Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Taht stuff on your nose doesn't wash off.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Aye Season 3 is a real big step forward for STO, here's hoping future seasons continue to build upon it...
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Nice job cryptic like season 3 step in the right direction.