Lt. Commander
# 1 Critical ESD problem
12-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Hopefully someone can give me some advise on this. After the patch I have been unable to access the ESD, every time I try the game crashes with a Fatal Error,: Error Decompressing file texture 2.hogg, etc.

Normally I would just delete the texture2 file, reinstall and be good to go. However this time I still get the same error, and I noticed every time it goes back to this one texture file being corrupt (Starbase_Hologramcharacterpodium_01_N.Wtex). The first time this happened I had just docked at the ESD and after launching in safe mode I was able to tele back to my ship. However I have another character I logged out on at the ESD and I am completely unable to access him. Everytime I try I get that same corrupted texture file. Until I'm able to solve this I'm afraid to put any of my other characters on the ESD because I might not be able to get them out as well.

Tech Support: Is there any way possible to move my stuck character to the space out side the ESD? I've gone to all the other stations and ESD is the only one that gives me an issue. I'm willing to deal with it for now, but it really bugs me that one of my characters is unusable right now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwerdon
Normally I would just delete the texture2 file, reinstall and be good to go. However this time I still get the same error, and I noticed every time it goes back to this one texture file being corrupt (Starbase_Hologramcharacterpodium_01_N.Wtex).
That indicates the file is still in a pigg somewhere, and the game is copying back the corrupted one rather than downloading a new one. Do you have tribble installed as well? The launcher copies files from any piggs it can find. If you do, try deleting all the texture ones.

Quote:
Tech Support: Is there any way possible to move my stuck character to the space out side the ESD?
File a GM help ticket in game, as that character, and ask to be moved into sector space. They respond pretty quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
That indicates the file is still in a pigg somewhere, and the game is copying back the corrupted one rather than downloading a new one. Do you have tribble installed as well? The launcher copies files from any piggs it can find. If you do, try deleting all the texture ones
I do have Tribble installed. I'll delete all of the texture files in both folders and try it again. I'll post how it goes. Thanks for the help.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Wanted to post an update,your suggestion worked. I was able to login the stucked character and ESD seems stable once again. Thanks for all your help.