Lt. Commander
# 1 No Ingame Sound
12-09-2010, 06:31 PM
The sound on my PC works fine, however, any ingame sounds, including those on the main menu do not come up at all. All volume and mute settings were checked, and it's the same for all characters. I also downloaded the most recent drivers. The sound worked perfectly yesterday, and only stopped after installing the new patch. Any help would be great. Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Try a forceverify in the launcher options, it is possible that the update corrupted one or more of your .hogg files.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Just tried it. No problems came up, but still no ingame sound.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Are you using a 64bit OS with a realtek sound card? The game disables sound on those cards because of a major CPU bug in the sound card 64 bit drivers.

you can get sound back by upgrading the drivers and
Exit the game and bring up the Launcher, click Options, and in the "Advanced command line" box, paste this: -ignorex64check, accept the changes and try loading the game.
this disables the check for 64 bit and allows the sound , although you may be more likely crash on sound problems.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Yes I do have a 64bit OS, however not a realtec soundcard. I have also tried the '-ignorex64check', which unfortunately didn't work. I have updated my drivers but to no avail.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Does DxDiag report any driver issues? Has the sound ever worked or never worked?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radavik View Post
Yes I do have a 64bit OS, however not a realtec soundcard. I have also tried the '-ignorex64check', which unfortunately didn't work. I have updated my drivers but to no avail.
Just an off-the-wall thought; did you happen to install/use TeamSpeak recently? I have found that if I use TS (client version 3.0) while playing, the first time I will hear in-game sounds through my speakers and the TS through the headset. The next time I log in, the STO options have changed to output to headphones, and regardless if I have the headphones connected or not, I have no in-game sounds through anything.

I have to reset options in sto, and then reboot the computer before logging in without headset. Once I'm in game, I can fire up TS and connect the headset. I have not been able to get in-game sounds to go through the headset, regardless of the options setting. (but I have never tried without using TS - I'm pretty sure this is a TS prob, not a STO prob).