Lt. Commander
# 1 Slow/Blurry Graphics
12-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I downloaded the demo and everything ran smoothe but after purchasing the full version, everything looks blurry and choppy. I can turn half-resolution off to make it look better but everything just lags so much that you can't play unless you have half-resolution on(which means less lag but graphics look like crap) any suggestions? why would it play fine for the demo but not for the full game?
Lt. Commander
# 2 humm
12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
did you try a dead restart " kill the power for 30 seconds " of your computer ,a lot of memory is still active with the download information . do you have a powerfull antivirus software running at the same time as the game my AV software always slows down my game . Or if your still not happy try the basic Defragmentation and error checking . The devs spent a lot of time error checking so it might be on your side. Thats all i know
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I was just playing the demo fine and i haven't changed anything so I was just wondering why the full game wouldn't play as smoothly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW129
I was just playing the demo fine and i haven't changed anything so I was just wondering why the full game wouldn't play as smoothly.
It should. The poster above was saying that if you downloaded the full game and didn't do a cold reboot, you might still have a lot of the download eating your available RAM. A lack of available RAM would mean your machine has to hit the HDD more than usual for maps and models and such, slowing your performance down.

You might also want to update video drivers, or play with the advanced graphics settings to see if you can get a little more performance out of your PC/video card.