Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredruid View Post
what about the bug we get on the erikson mission, where there are 6 transports the optional mission is to loot 4, it fails if 2 get away, even if there are 4 for you to still loot. I have looted 4 and still failed because 2 of the 6 got away, ie. it said looted 4/4 and still failed.
Read the whole thread....
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Just a quick update... ...Changes may take a week or so to get to Holodeck... keep an eye on the patch notes.
Wow thanks Goz!
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-14-2010, 04:58 PM
sweet. i am going to use the extra emblems to beef up my carrier and own feds
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-14-2010, 05:59 PM
oops , thanks gozer
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
1. The freighters will stop moving and lower thier shields at 50% health (it used ot be 35). The freighters have always switched to a friendly faction once disabled which would automatically stop beam weapons from firing on them, just watch your torps and cannons. This should also help keep carrier pets from destroying them since they switch sooner.

2. I've increased the wait time the ships need to get back underway if you have disabled but not looted them.

And because I like Klingons I'm going to set the token rewards back to the higher level they originally were. This means you'll get two emblems\tokens each on Alpha and Beta and five for Path of the Warrior. This was thier original amount when i first put them on Tribble, and you guys told me they were way too easy.

I'll take it! While I don't really need the emblems, I'm sure others do, so that's nice. As for the wait time and decreased damage needed to take the freighters down, hopefully this will make Eriksson easier for non-raptor/BoP ships.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
And because I like Klingons I'm going to set the token rewards back to the higher level they originally were. This means you'll get two emblems\tokens each on Alpha and Beta and five for Path of the Warrior. This was thier original amount when i first put them on Tribble, and you guys told me they were way too easy.

Let that be a lesson... (grin) be careful what you ask for... you just might get it....

Changes may take a week or so to get to Holodeck... keep an eye on the patch notes.
Well, to be fair the missions were extremely easy on normal without the bug, which was NOT present in Tribble the several times I ran them.

I think it's a mistake to give out that many emblems on them - I have no problem with 5 emblems for path of the warrior, but I think 2 emblems for a 15 minute sortie is way out of whack. This will net the very boring (but profitable, at least for a while) grind of 4 emblems each half hour (2 sorties, each takes 15 minutes tops on normal without bugs, probably less since you don't have to care at all about the optionals when grinding this way)

If anything 0 emblems or at most 1 would be ok.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
Well, to be fair the missions were extremely easy on normal without the bug, which was NOT present in Tribble the several times I ran them.

I think it's a mistake to give out that many emblems on them - I have no problem with 5 emblems for path of the warrior, but I think 2 emblems for a 15 minute sortie is way out of whack. This will net the very boring (but profitable, at least for a while) grind of 4 emblems each half hour (2 sorties, each takes 15 minutes tops on normal without bugs, probably less since you don't have to care at all about the optionals when grinding this way)

If anything 0 emblems or at most 1 would be ok.
While I myself like a hard game, I think we need to think of this not about ourselves, but about the faction. There is already enough reasons not to play KDF, there need to be more reasons to play KDF, a little greasing of the rewards is one way to help make sure that these new missions get played by more than just the handful of hardcore KDFers that remain. Remember the time Gozer spent on these could have been spent on Fed content, stuff they know most of the population plays. If they've got to sweeten the kitty to get more players interested in the KDF so be it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Agree with this.

For exploration, you can get 1 token per half hour, plus a daily for 3. Giving these missions 2 per half hour, with 2 of them is too much. Means you get 4x the reward in this zone. And it is all space as well, something a lot of people prefer. Matter of fact, I'd be better off staying here than other dailies, like the Eti or the Deferi ones. When you factor in travel times to get to their sector blocks and then back elsewhere, they just won't be worth it.

I'd say leave them at 1.

Possibly look into adding an extra mission to the exploration zones as well to even them out at two per half hour. Perhaps change the exploration ones to be complete 3 space missions for one and 3 ground missions for the other. For both Feds and Klingons.

Alternatively, if 1 per half hour is fine, then...*shudder*...add a new mission that requires completing both alpha and bravo to get 1 emblem, with a half hour timer, while removing the emblem reward from the raids, to reduce it to 1 per half hour as well.

I'd prefer the second mission to exploration zones though.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:

I'm not too sure about that:
- "rescue the deferi hostages" is 1 emblem and takes me 2-3 minutes.
- the deferi cluster of missions is 3 emblems and takes longer, but probably still faster than the sorties.
- the 3 missions in Eta Eridiani. The freighter is 2 minutes or under, defending the deuterium is maybe 5 minutes ditto the satellite repair. All return 1 emblem.

For me, the current return from the sorties is 'bad', unless the crafting loot is useful (and/or you manage to achieve the bonus - which is currently rather confusing).

I guess a compromise would be to create dailies for the both of the sorties that return 1 emblem, and leave the existing 1 emblem reward. (so you'd get 2 emblems the first time, then 1 emblem for each subsequent run?)... [like the exploring emblem rewards]
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
While I myself like a hard game, I think we need to think of this not about ourselves, but about the faction. There is already enough reasons not to play KDF, there need to be more reasons to play KDF, a little greasing of the rewards is one way to help make sure that these new missions get played by more than just the handful of hardcore KDFers that remain. Remember the time Gozer spent on these could have been spent on Fed content, stuff they know most of the population plays. If they've got to sweeten the kitty to get more players interested in the KDF so be it.
I agree that there's enough reasons not to play the KDF, but most of those stem from lack of content.

Encouraging Klingons to grind the same 2 missions repeatedly won't help there. Especially when one of those missions is rather meh, basically the same thing in 3 systems, patrolling a large area to kill a measly 4 fed groups. I dislike doing all the dailies enough as it is with 2 characters.

I'd also say that there is plenty of carrot at the end of the stick for Klingons already, with Klingons having more interesting T5+ ships than the feds. The problem isn't there. The problem is in getting to that point. That's where we do the same repeatable missions over and over. And over. And then we do it again. Doing all that just so that when you hit max level you can then do just 2 missions over and over...*shudder*

The lack of Klingon content won't end until the Foundry goes live.