Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Foundry Key Questions
12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Ok, so no dialogue options.

Can I have a fork in the road where an npc describes the three paths and if you follow the wrong one, say to the wrong npc at the end of that road, he explains you need to restart the mission? Is there even a map with a fork leading to 3 roads?

Can I have 30 npcs all clustered together, each with slightly different dialogue if you speak to them?

Can I use a ship interior as a map?

IF I wanted the player to fight a copy of his own ship from the mirror universe, is there any script for that or I have to preset what ship it is?

Can I create a marker that initiates a map transfer that is a wormhole? A) is there a wormhole effect I can add to the system, and if I make the trigger on top of it, can I make a dialogue box pop up asking to confirm entering wormhole, then the player instantly warps to a new space map? Like can a player pop from once space map in Sirius Sector to another without travelling, ie via supposed wormhole?

Can I have them disable and board a Klingon vessel, for instance? I mean if I add the Klingons as an objective, can I set the script to stop making him a target once you hurt him to a certain point? If so can I then have his disablement trigger a pop-up to beam to his ship initiating a map transfer to a Klingon ship interior?

I can't get on Content Creation to try this, I make a project, go to Edit then it takes forever and says I dropped out, normal server works fine.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
Ok, so no dialogue options.
You can create dialogue currently through making pop- up scripts. I know it feels somewhat limited and doesnt make a lot of sense when you make a captain interact with a console and a bridge officer is all you can set to respond. I am looking for a way to get around this myself, but there is limited dialgue options- you just need to get creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
Can I have a fork in the road where an npc describes the three paths and if you follow the wrong one, say to the wrong npc at the end of that road, he explains you need to restart the mission? Is there even a map with a fork leading to 3 roads?
Not currently- from what i have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
Can I have 30 npcs all clustered together, each with slightly different dialogue if you speak to them?
i would say you can, but you would need to spend time assigning costumes to each of these NPCs- so you can create pop- up dialog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
Can I use a ship interior as a map?
Some ship interiors are available as mps. there are 2 generic ship interiors, and a small variety of starship bridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
IF I wanted the player to fight a copy of his own ship from the mirror universe, is there any script for that or I have to preset what ship it is?
The tools are not currently available for that- however you can create a ship costume, and assign it to a NPC group unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
Can I create a marker that initiates a map transfer that is a wormhole? A) is there a wormhole effect I can add to the system, and if I make the trigger on top of it, can I make a dialogue box pop up asking to confirm entering wormhole, then the player instantly warps to a new space map? Like can a player pop from once space map in Sirius Sector to another without travelling, ie via supposed wormhole?
My Fleet Admiral is supposedly working on this for one of the missions he is making for the fleet I am in. i dont know how to do it myself- wormhole travel is not incorporated into my scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
Can I have them disable and board a Klingon vessel, for instance? I mean if I add the Klingons as an objective, can I set the script to stop making him a target once you hurt him to a certain point? If so can I then have his disablement trigger a pop-up to beam to his ship initiating a map transfer to a Klingon ship interior?
Not presently

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
I can't get on Content Creation to try this, I make a project, go to Edit then it takes forever and says I dropped out, normal server works fine.

Thanks!
thats a shame you are having difficulties with timeout on foundry. I would recommend you submit a bug report to get some help in finding out why you are getting timeout errors.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 AM.