Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Weird, still not working for me. Everyone's still just standing around.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-13-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Weird, still not working for me. Everyone's still just standing around.
Are you just viewing the preview? Or are you talking about a published mission? Because according to the thing in one of the threads I read from dstahl, the wander won't work in preview mode, only in a published mission because the AI only works out paths info during the publishing process.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Are you just viewing the preview? Or are you talking about a published mission? Because according to the thing in one of the threads I read from dstahl, the wander won't work in preview mode, only in a published mission because the AI only works out paths info during the publishing process.
No, it's in published missions too. Folks just stand around staring at walls, no matter how high I crank the settings or how long I wait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
No, it's in published missions too. Folks just stand around staring at walls, no matter how high I crank the settings or how long I wait.
Then it might be the npc group that you're using. They don't all work, it seems.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Feds and Borg, mostly. Guess I can test it with other types.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Feds and Borg, mostly. Guess I can test it with other types.
I tested wander with a Klingon group and it worked. Maybe the Borg are not working properly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, I created a new mission with a wide open map, placed a group from every race in it, published, hopped in, everyone was wandering around, including the Fed and Borg NPCs. Guess it's my map carrying over the bug from before the update they made while it was down. Maybe if I withdraw and republish the map...

Obviously re-doing it from scratch would probably fix it as well, but I'd like to avoid that for now if possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Behavior in preview and published is definitely different. My Borg dance in preview (as they should), but not in the published mission...most of the groups wander with default settings, but the last group just stands there.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM.