Lt. Commander
# 11
12-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashki
Okay, it could take all of next year. Happy?
No, it couldnt. Season 4 will come out around the 2Q of next year, and the Foundry will be on holodeck before that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
Have the Devs indicated what is being worked on exactly to allow The Foundry to go live? Are there specific issues with it?
No, they havent. I can only assume they want to make sure the basic mechanics work well. Although as I said, I personally dont think theres much more that can be done than polish at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
No, it couldnt. Season 4 will come out around the 2Q of next year, and the Foundry will be on holodeck before that.
Yeah, we'll see, cause quite frankly, I've reached the end of my main Federation deal, and unless they plan on adding some more weekly missions in, I'm at a loss of what to do.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Yeah, we'll see, cause quite frankly, I've reached the end of my main Federation deal, and unless they plan on adding some more weekly missions in, I'm at a loss of what to do.
They do. They have stated that we'll see the next 2 featured series before Season 4. And if I were you, I would copy my character over to Tribble and start testing the Foundry. There are nearly 200 missions already made, and its pretty fun seeing what you can make yourself too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
They do. They have stated that we'll see the next 2 featured series before Season 4. And if I were you, I would copy my character over to Tribble and start testing the Foundry. There are well over 100 missions already made, and its pretty fun seeing what you can make yourself too.
I thought the Tribble server was only for testing stuff, is it just open to anybody?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
I thought the Tribble server was only for testing stuff, is it just open to anybody?
It is for testing, but it is also open to anyone that wants to test. Just sign up and then copy your character over:

http://www.startrekonline.com/test-shard-signup

http://www.startrekonline.com/test-s...acter-transfer

PS: And although it says that your character will be available within the next 2 hours after you do the copy, I have always found that mine were available instantly.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
In fact they said there was all the likelihood that the Foundry wouldn't drop until a month or so after the initial drop of Season 3. I would say this is born out by the feedback that is coming down the Foundry forum. I still have crash bugs when I'm using it, lemme tell you deleting a map then deleting objects that were on that map,
the editor don't like that so much
Also, even though more people are using Tribble (due to the Foundry) - the Tribble server has NOWHERE NEAR the player load of Holodeck/Live. My point? Even when the Foundry IS actiivated on Holodeck (and it will still be in a 'beta' state on Holodeck for some time); expect to see some 'settling in' issues and tweaks to get it functional on Holodeck under the larger processing load.

We still have a ways to go before the Foundry will be available and working well on the Holodeck/Live server.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Also, even though more people are using Tribble (due to the Foundry) - the Tribble server has NOWHERE NEAR the player load of Holodeck/Live. My point? Even when the Foundry IS actiivated on Holodeck (and it will still be in a 'beta' state on Holodeck for some time); expect to see some 'settling in' issues and tweaks to get it functional on Holodeck under the larger processing load.

We still have a ways to go before the Foundry will be available and working well on the Holodeck/Live server.
While that is true, that is no different than any other update that is tested on Tribble first.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
It is for testing, but it is also open to anyone that wants to test. Just sign up and then copy your character over:

http://www.startrekonline.com/test-shard-signup

http://www.startrekonline.com/test-s...acter-transfer

PS: And although it says that your character will be available within the next 2 hours after you do the copy, I have always found that mine were available instantly.
Interesting, I'm going to finish Assimilation and then try to log onto the deal. I copied my main Fed character over....I think and well once I'm done with this mission, I'll give it a try.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post

True, we haven't even really seen a stress test on any major scale, I wonder if they % of players that participate on the test servers is like the % of players who participate in the forums.