Lt. Commander
# 21
12-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashki
Interesting, I'm going to finish Assimilation and then try to log onto the deal. I copied my main Fed character over....I think and well once I'm done with this mission, I'll give it a try.
I think you'll be impressed with what you see. However, just as a heads up, I would recommend watching these vids to familiarize yourself with the Foundry:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191472

But if you just want to play some missions, here is the big list:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191667
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think you'll be impressed with what you see. However, just as a heads up, I would recommend watching these vids to familiarize yourself with the Foundry:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191472

But if you just want to play some missions, here is the big list:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191667
Yeah, I just want to give the custom missions a go. I sure hope there's Klingon centric missions as well due to the fact that they haven't added anything new to the KDF side yet with the Genesis update.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
True, we haven't even really seen a stress test on any major scale, I wonder if they % of players that participate on the test servers is like the % of players who participate in the forums.
Probably even less. The reason is because unless you read the forums, you really have no idea whats going on on the test server. And everyone who reads the forums doesnt even use Tribble, so there you go.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I just want to give the custom missions a go. I sure hope there's Klingon centric missions as well due to the fact that they haven't added anything new to the KDF side yet with the Genesis update.
There are. In fact, only your faction's missions will show up on the character your playing. But here is a thread dedicated to just KDF missions:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191857
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
...due to the fact that they haven't added anything new to the KDF side yet with the Genesis update.
Wrong. While there was very little new mission content in season 3. But what was added ALL went to the KDF. The Sortie missions are for KDF only, and the feds have no equal. Meaning the KDF side has a slight advantage in acquirable emblems per day.

The ONLY fed mission is the new Deferi ground mission, and its a mission that the KDF can also do.

So can we please FINALLY stop with all the KDF whining. They are gaining parody with each publish and the cries of unfair are starting to sound more and more hollow.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Wrong. While there was very little new mission content in season 3. But what was added ALL went to the KDF. The Sortie missions are for KDF only, and the feds have no equal. Meaning the KDF side has a slight advantage in acquirable emblems per day.

The ONLY fed mission is the new Deferi ground mission, and its a mission that the KDF can also do.

So can we please FINALLY stop with all the KDF whining. They are gaining parody with each publish and the cries of unfair are starting to sound more and more hollow.
No, I will not stop until there are more KDF PvE missions, it's just ridiculous how bare the KDF side is compared to the Federation side.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
No, I will not stop until there are more KDF PvE missions, it's just ridiculous how bare the KDF side is compared to the Federation side.
Though I agree the content disparity is still sad, nothing is accomplished by continuing to cry about it as this point. The cause of the problem was decisions made pre-launch. HOwever, the Devs have shown they are working on it, and have made good progress. As long as they continue to do so, thats really the best we can ask for.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
...and he's gonna hold his breath until he turns blue.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
...and he's gonna hold his breath until he turns blue.
No doubt.

Lets take a tally of the things the KDF are lacking.

More uniform and casual options...Check. We can all agree it is seriously lacking here.

More ship types and customization...Check. While the new ship types helped, this is one area in need of equality.

Klingon version of Diplomacy...Check. This is a no brainer. If the feds have side branch of advancement the KDF should as well.

And finally. PVE mission equality.....???? With the foundry on our doorsteps, this is a major issue? The feds have about 30 more PVE missions then the KDF. Thats it. Its not like the feds have a massive overwhelming number of missions that they can pick and choose. The feds still have to grind a few levels in the clusters or DSE's. Even they don't have enough missions to play them souly from start to VA.

And when you compare missions, it gets even better. While the KDF has fewer, its nearly universally agreed they are much more entertaining and well done then even some of the best of the fed missions. And lets be fair, a large number of fed mission are garbage. Hunting the hunters anyone? The long night? the one with Rikers clone?

So the feds have more PVE missions. A hand full more if we only count the quality ones. And we have the foundry knocking on the door. With more missions on test right now then all the Fed and KDF missions put together. And the sticking point that has the OP blue in the face is PVE mission parody? Please

The KDF still needs some work. Ships, clothing, and customization options being the biggies. PVE mission equality is one thing that going to be solved very soon for everyone Klink and fed. Its the smallest thing to be upset about.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
No doubt.

Lets take a tally of the things the KDF are lacking.

More uniform and casual options...Check. We can all agree it is seriously lacking here.

More ship types and customization...Check. While the new ship types helped, this is one area in need of equality.

Klingon version of Diplomacy...Check. This is a no brainer. If the feds have side branch of advancement the KDF should as well.

And finally. PVE mission equality.....???? With the foundry on our doorsteps, this is a major issue? The feds have about 30 more PVE missions then the KDF. Thats it. Its not like the feds have a massive overwhelming number of missions that they can pick and choose. The feds still have to grind a few levels in the clusters or DSE's. Even they don't have enough missions to play them souly from start to VA.

And when you compare missions, it gets even better. While the KDF has fewer, its nearly universally agreed they are much more entertaining and well done then even some of the best of the fed missions. And lets be fair, a large number of fed mission are garbage. Hunting the hunters anyone? The long night? the one with Rikers clone?

So the feds have more PVE missions. A hand full more if we only count the quality ones. And we have the foundry knocking on the door. With more missions on test right now then all the Fed and KDF missions put together. And the sticking point that has the OP blue in the face is PVE mission parody? Please

The KDF still needs some work. Ships, clothing, and customization options being the biggies. PVE mission equality is one thing that going to be solved very soon for everyone Klink and fed. Its the smallest thing to be upset about.
I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong strategy. First of all, the Foundry isnt a replacement for official content. But even if it was, belittling the issue isnt contstructive. That said, neither is continuing to complain about that is in the process of being fixed. People simply need to realize that while there is a content disparity, the Devs are working on it. Good progress has been made, and will continue to be made. Thats really all there is to it.