Lt. Commander
Well with the new Aegis ship set coming out, I've been really interested in crafting. However, I have no clue where to begin. I really only want the Aegis shield so I decided to try doing only shields. However I'm confused on one part, I have the schematic, I have the anomalies but it won't let me research any of the shields. What do I do?

Is there a guide for dummies? I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Crafting has a leveling system just like everything else in the game. As you craft lower items you gain Crafting XP and your ability to craft higher-level items unlocks. So you have to start out making the newb stuff. Each item you make gives you Crafting XP that lets you then craft Mk I, Mk II, all the way to Mk XI gear - AEGIS being Mk X gear.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2010, 08:10 AM
the items you cant craft yet will be grey out and have a little bit of red writing - something like 510 experience needed (or words to that effect).

on the very left hand side is a number like 10 or 20 for every item. every time you craft an item you get that xp to be added to your total.

the total is at the bottom of the screen, so the more you craft the higher it gets and then you can start unlocking the higher items.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2010, 09:34 AM
here you go memory alpha R&D crafting guide hope it helps
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
here you go memory alpha R&D crafting guide hope it helps
It helps a lot! Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Dumbed Down Guide to Crafting

Track down every anomaly in every mission you run. Be sure to play the waveform game for even more materials and the rare materials.

Go to Memory Alpha - it is in the Alpha Centuri Sector.

Go to crafting console in the middle of the Lounge.

Craft stuff. Don't have the right materials? Keep farming until you do.

Use/sell/give away the stuff you craft.

Hope that was helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Even simpler

1. Assemble 1650 combined resources of mineral samples, radiation and artifacts.

2. Craft 160 schematics

3. Profit.

Going from 0 to 1650 with all minerals on hand takes about 20 minutes

If you didn't save up minerals leading into season 3 good luck getting them now...it would probably be more time efficient to just farm kerrat for green XII's.