Lt. Commander
# 31
12-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Speaking for myself, if I turn down a team invite, it's not because I don't want to socialize or I'm being standoffish--it's just because I'm often only able to log in for an hour or maybe two during any given period, so I don't want to leave any teammates "in the lurch" at a bad time during a mission--there's nothing worse than to have your team waiting in a pvp queue and then your number's called only to find that one or more "teammates" is "afk"--to me, that's uncool. It's better to simply say, "I'm sorry, I can't team right now--maybe again later?"

Also, I prefer that if someone wants to team with me that they send me a "tell" or holler out for me on one of the chat channels rather than just sending me the invite. That way, if I can't team, I can apologize and suggest that we try again a little later. Speaking of which, the Federation or Klingon mail service is a wonderful way to set up team and/or fleet actions. Just contact the person or persons you want to team with and then you can set up a time that works for everyone--that way, you also can avoid the dreaded afk disease.

That being said, I also like the idea of social hubs being utilized. I'd like to roleplay more with my alts and my main, but haven't seen that much action on that frontier. I know there are roleplayers here--so anyone who wants to get into that, give me a holler on zone when one of my alts is at ESD or some other hub. Also, anyone who isn't a roleplayer who wants to say hello, just say it and I'll try to answer back--just don't expect me to answer back quickly if I'm neck deep in Klingons or Nausicaans--I have to take a bath just thinking about being neck deep in Nausicaans!
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidFalkayn
Also, I prefer that if someone wants to team with me that they send me a "tell" or holler out for me on one of the chat channels rather than just sending me the invite.
Understandable. Maybe I'm just a tad oldfashioned, but I always thought ninja-invites to be rude. Regardless as to whether it's for a team, a PvP match or a fleet. Also, an attempt to "socialize" initialized by proof that there is no interest in actually talking to people seems ... weird, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidFalkayn
I'd like to roleplay more with my alts and my main, but haven't seen that much action on that frontier. I know there are roleplayers here
http://www.sto-rp.com :p
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Understandable. Maybe I'm just a tad oldfashioned, but I always thought ninja-invites to be rude. Regardless as to whether it's for a team, a PvP match or a fleet. Also, an attempt to "socialize" initialized by proof that there is no interest in actually talking to people seems ... weird, to say the least.

http://www.sto-rp.com :p
Thanks! I just checked it out and logged in. Right now I'm using my laptop at work waiting for students to turn in their final take-home exams, but I hope to meet you and others when I hit the spacelanes later on.