Lt. Commander
# 141
12-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
I was talking about cloaking, then scan the nodes when youre in position, recloak and continue.. Same goes for the hulks, cloak, move into position (using structures to shield you from cubes), unleash a hellish alpha and be on your way to the next before youre caught..
Yeah cloaks can be a big help in Ker'rat as far as the mission paramters go. Being sneaky is what they are made for.
Lt. Commander
# 142
12-16-2010, 03:11 PM
True....seriously you should see one of the farmers in N'vok go, he does the 8 scannings in like a minute or two. I'll still be scanning my first one while he's already done 4, it's insane.
Lt. Commander
# 143
12-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
It is not fun loosing over and over for no fault of your own.....that sounds a little self righteous but it is the truth. I went into PVP last night with 3 cruisers. I was in my sci vessel. They all folded like a house of cards within 15 seconds of each other......
I mostly agree with that. Poor teams should lose, teamwork should be rewarded... but there's "rewarded" and then there's "repeated 15-0 walkovers". It would be in everybody's best interests for KvF to encourage new blood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
Running a sci vessel at 125 aux at all time with the remaining power at shields I have NEVER seen a vessel cloaked at more then 2 k or so.. I am sure i have never seen one past 10k...

We ran tests in 1v1 pvp ( me and a friend) I maxed on aux and sensor scan yadda yadda and he cloaked at exactly 13k and then 10 k and then 7 k I never saw him once. There has to be other contributing factors.
Cloak detection is mostly a stupid idea anyway, the best teams that I have played never used scanning etc - they just killed us when we uncloaked.

- I always try to stay >10k from the nearest Federation player. When it's time to attack I will close directly on the target, uncloak, debuff and open fire. The amount of time I spend in a detectable zone should be as close to zero as I can get... that people rarely uncloak anyone is not a shock.

- If you uncloak someone within 10k, they're within weapons range - in all likelihood they are about to fire, so I'm not really sure what uncloaking them accomplishes?

- as Roach (I think) said, supposedly cloaking strength is based on your AUX, running with higher AUX is supposed to be harder to detect.

Some random ideas:
- give a warning if a cloaked enemy approaches within a certain distance of your ship and you are not in combat.
- give a warning when you are targeted by a cloaked enemy ship and you are not in combat.
- if 3 or more ships are 'close' then they can spot any cloaked vessel within 10k of them.
- if 3 or more ships stay in the same region, they gain a 'uncloaking field' that will uncloak anyone straying into it.

NONE of that seems useful for/against a good team, but it might help newer players? (at least give them confidence even if they don't really understand what that confidence means?)

[ok the second one might be useful under some situations]
Lt. Commander
# 144
12-17-2010, 09:44 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
It would be in everybody's best interests for KvF to encourage new blood...
That may be how we got here in the first place. Months ago the KDF was dying and those left pushed for more players to join up in the fun. They did and we saw a influx of new player toons and at the same time KDF pvp started to suffer, even to the point that several fed posts poked fun at the "what the current KDF warriors have become" as bad pvp'ers. So we KDF trained those that needed it best as we can and now the gripe , has swung back to ," the Klinks are OP again".

Quote:
Cloak detection is mostly a stupid idea anyway, the best teams that I have played never used scanning etc - they just killed us when we uncloaked.
true enough.
Lt. Commander
# 145
12-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Did someone said carriers are invincible? pfffft, they're push overs if you're remotely skilled. Even cruisers fly circles around them, and a tricobalt nukes all their little nats in one go. I've killed plenty one on one.