Lt. Commander
Casey Schreiner at The MMO Report reviews 2010's launch titles, and has some great things to say about STO. Give it a watch here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Awesome vid, it's great to see some positive PR out there after the rough launch. Here's to 2011!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Casey Schreiner at The MMO Report reviews 2010's launch titles, and has some great things to say about STO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
it's great to see some positive PR out there after the rough launch.
@1m52s he rounds up his critique of STO by saying:

"If it's one thing Deep Sapce 9 has taught us it's that Trekkers will consume and defend anything Star Trek related, no matter how bad it may be."

You consider that a compliment?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo

"If it's one thing Deep Sapce 9 has taught us it's that Trekkers will consume and defend anything Star Trek related, no matter how bad it may be."

He was using it as a statement to prove that a solid fanbase for the game would never die out. The praise for the constant stream of content, Cryptic's experience with MMOs, and it's 'bullish' nature are all positives.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
He was using it as a statement to prove that a solid fanbase for the game would never die out.
It's hardly saying anything good about the game though. All it says is that Cryptic will be able to make money from it and that the game itself is "bad". His words, not mine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
It's hardly saying anything good about the game though. All it says is that Cryptic will be able to make money from it and that the game itself is "bad". His words, not mine.
Huh? he touted the quick turnaround from launch and praised the content updates. Actually, the only thing he infered as bad was the Deep Space Nine TV series. (Meant in his usual 'bad joke' manner I assume; and if not, oh well). The MMO he really bagged on was Final Fantasy XIV.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Huh? he touted the quick turnaround from launch and praised the content updates.
It doesn't really matter what he touts if when he asks "So what's the verdict?!" he presses a big red button that makes a loud fart sound and then says gleefully "This is a bullish game that will most likely have a strong foothold on their fanbase for quite some time. If it's one thing Deep Sapce 9 has taught us it's that Trekkers will consume and defend anything Star Trek related, no matter how bad it may be."

Now if you guys can't see that he's blatantly calling STO "bad", as "bad" as he seems to feel Deep Space 9 is, but that we'll swallow it anyway because it's Star Trek, then I'm not going to argue with you. You go on living in blissful ignorance of what he's really saying, or up your sarcasm IQ and watch it again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:

I can think of worse things STO has been compared to than Deep Space Nine. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Fan_101 View Post
I can think of worse things STO has been compared to than Deep Space Nine. :p
True enough lol but he is basically saying "it's rubbish, but Trekkers will play it anyway" isn't he? Honestly, Rekhan, I don't think this a video you want to be touting as good press on the News front page at startrekonline.com. The guy is blatantly calling the game bad. He's not even being shy about it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
True enough lol but he is basically saying "it's rubbish, but Trekkers will play it anyway" isn't he? Honestly, Rekhan, I don't think this a video you want to be touting as good press on the News front page at startrekonline.com. The guy is blatantly calling the game bad. He's not even being shy about it.
I tend to agree with Varlo. True he says some good things about the game but at the end hes basically saying 'ah but trekkies will play anything'