Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
12-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Because when they made the changes back in season 1 in regards to aux and sci skills that is when PH stop working 100% against tractor beams and cryptic never updated the description.
tHANKS AGAIN.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-17-2010, 08:09 AM
I am reasonably sure that Polarize Hull - at least now again - provides 100 % protection from all tractor beams.

With Scramble Sensors I seem to have seen an effect where I had no one selected, but when I used a power, another target within my sights got it. So the best "counter" to it is still trying to have no one within view (a little difficult in the middle of a pet swarm).
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
STeam does not clear Scramble sensors for me. (ST1 against SS2-3) but it prevents it if I use it prior to being scrabled.
Maybe that's why it works for me.

I always hit SciTeam as soon as I see the first "Green Explosion" of Scramble, a second before the effect actually takes place.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
STeam does not clear Scramble sensors for me. (ST1 against SS2-3) but it prevents it if I use it prior to being scrabled.

Agreed... If I am hit with SS, I am unable to use any heal that can target another player. This includes when I am careful not to target any players at all. If I am not targeting any player at all, and I hit any ability that can heal another player, it will automatically select an enemy target and heal them instead. Meaning half my heals are useless while under SS.

I am not sure if this is intended or a bug, but this is how it has been working for me. I have tested this several times while in combat, and have learned just to avoid certain heals (even if I really need them) while under SS.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Agreed... If I am hit with SS, I am unable to use any heal that can target another player. This includes when I am careful not to target any players at all. If I am not targeting any player at all, and I hit any ability that can heal another player, it will automatically select an enemy target and heal them instead. Meaning half my heals are useless while under SS.

I am not sure if this is intended or a bug, but this is how it has been working for me. I have tested this several times while in combat, and have learned just to avoid certain heals (even if I really need them) while under SS.
Working as intended... Tip... Target Self.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am reasonably sure that Polarize Hull - at least now again - provides 100 % protection from all tractor beams.

With Scramble Sensors I seem to have seen an effect where I had no one selected, but when I used a power, another target within my sights got it. So the best "counter" to it is still trying to have no one within view (a little difficult in the middle of a pet swarm).
Indeed.I use PH1 and for the 15 secs its active i m immune to tractor beams ,regardless of wether those are versions 1 ,2 or from multiple ships.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post

Addendum: Hit F1 for the easiest 'Target Self'... Saves you the clicking.

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Addendum: Hit F1 for the easiest 'Target Self'... Saves you the clicking.

-Big Red
if i do that i will just fire off sensor scan
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
if i do that i will just fire off sensor scan
LOL, ooookay, for those of us that haven't re-written our keyboards with keybinds... F1 is the default 'Target Self' button.

-Big Red