Lt. Commander
# 11
12-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Doesn't make much sense. I have a high end graphics card in a high end computer.

i7 CPU
8GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 460 video card running latest drivers <<<<< this card your using is having lots of issues right now with the game I wanted it but I saw all those threads on how its having trouble. If your not one of those thats awesome but many are having issues with crashing and many other things with those Nvidia new cards.

Tribble looks better than Holodeck. There aren't many more game-graphic-friendlier computers than mine except for some of the new 500 series video cards. Running Trib and Holodeck maxed graphics at 1920x1080 on a 40 inch monitor. Why would I have different graphic quality, and why would the test shard be the one that delivers superior graphics quality?
This what cryptic has said on the issue. Im no computer graphics expert just telling you what the official comment was from cryptic on the question. Agree or disagree but thats what they have said on that.
As stated before the graphics level setting on tribble is lower than on holodeck so when you have a lower or higher end card set at a best appearance setting you get a much better rendering than you would on holodeck.
remember tribble is a test server and is ahead of holodeck in many ways and to do some of the things that are needed that is how they have it set up. I have an ok card with a 40" tv as a monitor and its all in 1980 x1080p so both look awesome to me I cant really see the difference other than bloom intensity. its much better on tribble than on holodeck for me anyways. Everything else is the same its all HD
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-18-2010, 01:02 AM
hmm, i've never noticed any difference, mind taking a few screencaps to show us the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Enterprise_J
This what cryptic has said on the issue. Im no computer graphics expert just telling you what the official comment was from cryptic on the question. Agree or disagree but thats what they have said on that.
As stated before the graphics level setting on tribble is lower than on holodeck so when you have a lower or higher end card set at a best appearance setting you get a much better rendering than you would on holodeck.
hmmm, that doesn't seem to make any sense. If tribble had lower settings it'd look worse than holodeck, not better.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Right.

A wizard did it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-18-2010, 03:39 AM
No, it was a doe..no

It was a deer...a female deer
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-18-2010, 04:41 AM
I've never noticed a difference.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-18-2010, 05:08 AM
The developers are constantly optimizing the game for performance, as well as turning on features that were previously higher-tiered for lower settings, i.e. Warp trails were lowered in system settings from the time between being on RedShirt to Tribble to Holodeck, I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Right.

A wizard did it.
Ah, but were they careful to follow the Wizard's Rules? Most importantly, in this case, the First and the Ninth?

/nerding

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Screenshots or it didn't happen.