Lt. Commander
# 1 In game "Radio"
12-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Tossed this question around with my fleet crew, thought I'd share it here with everyone. Feel free to comment.

Usually I play FPS games ( That's where this question comes from ) STO being my first MMO. Anyway in Battlefield Vietnam there was a cool radio feature where you could listen to music from the vehicles " radio " as you drove or piloted ( Helicoptors or jets ). Not unlike using Itunes or whatever you choose now in STO. However the coolest part was that as you passed other troops ( ground or air while piloting ) they too could hear what was playing on your radio.

So the question is... what do you think about implementing ( If they would or could consider it ) in game; as a sector space specific feature?. Just a little treat to hear what the ships are listining too as they pass by or as you pass by them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Sub-Space Radio isn't so bad, they have daily DJ's and stuff. http://www.subspace-radio.net/

other then that this aint Nam. lol. listening into a starships radio broadcast on the ship (which doesn't make sense lol) =\

you can also add your media player to listen to music in-game, it has a music player option to control the songs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-18-2010, 10:16 AM
In the beginning of STO, I used some software named Pirate Radio (cheap about $20) that allows people to stream from their PC to directly connected to their IP. It is akin to hosting a radio station in the background. I played ST audio books and other things like messages from the empress -etc.. It was fun until the great player exodus. Nonetheless if you and your fleet is interested in something along those line it should be lots of fun for you guys.