Lt. Commander
# 11
12-18-2010, 10:39 AM
I want to command my own fleet and be able to customize the boffs and captains of those ships. It's a great idea, nay sayers can leave.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Simply adding more pets (and potentially ones as inable to navigate as our current pets, see BOFFs) isn't really pushing the gaming forward.

I'd rather be able to send these ships out on other missions, rather than leading conga lines of NPCs through Undine space.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator_Nick View Post
I like the idea of being able to do this in order to solo STF's. I vastly prefer to solo, and as such have not even attempted an STF. With a group of ships under my officers' control, I might have a shot.

In missions below that however, I don't see the point. They have been scripted with one player ship in mind and so only missions meant for multiple players will have any relevance to this
No matter how many pets you get it will always be 100% impossible to Solo the STF's as they all contain puzzles that can only be completed by way of human interaction.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Simply adding more pets (and potentially ones as inable to navigate as our current pets, see BOFFs) isn't really pushing the gaming forward.

I'd rather be able to send these ships out on other missions, rather than leading conga lines of NPCs through Undine space.
I think those "conga lines" could be fun as long as it's a special mission type and not the default.

Likewise with crew sizes.

If you made the default away team your captain, two named bridge officers, and a redshirt (not always an actual redshirt but a random "Ensign Ricky" with a department related to the mission and the ability to promote that random buy into a permanent BO), I think that would be more dynamic and promote teaming since you'd have a choice between three NPCs or four players doing the same content. Teaming would make the game easier then.

Also, I'd like to see RTS-style missions in the vein of City of Heroes' arena where your Captain/ship is not physically present and you use the BO controls and a free roaming camera to complete a mission without an avatar who can directly influence the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-18-2010, 11:03 AM
It's an interesting idea, and I can see it working this way:

At Fleet Admiral 1, you're allowed to promote on of your bridge officers to Captain. Then you get a ship to follow you around like a BOff on the ground. That ship's class is determined by the officer's class. Every few levels (FA3, FA5), the ship gets bigger. Then the process repeats until you've filled out a five-ship fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
It's an interesting idea, and I can see it working this way:

At Fleet Admiral 1, you're allowed to promote on of your bridge officers to Captain. Then you get a ship to follow you around like a BOff on the ground. That ship's class is determined by the officer's class. Every few levels (FA3, FA5), the ship gets bigger. Then the process repeats until you've filled out a five-ship fleet.
I believe we'll have a Captain rank BO under the crew system in S4 but that it will be closer to how Spock or Scotty were captains who served under Kirk, aboard his ship.