Lt. Commander
# 11 Next Season
12-18-2010, 12:00 PM
It is Major overhual of the BOs. They are to get buff that help your ship combat. Hope this means the hole crew get buffs not just the BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrekwho
Going to start a new job and saving up money for a new PC computer. So I can start play STO again. I been gone for a long time ever since my PC died. I have a mac and wish Cryptic will make it available for a mac. Does anyone recommend a good computer that will not make me go broke? I want one that can play the game well and nice graphics.

Also how is the community doing? Is it growing and has the game improved since spring of last year?
go with alienware, they have a few different selections, from a moderate price to very expensive. Since it is the holiday season, dell/alienware surely has a lot on sale. I got mine at the beginning of this year and I couldn't be happier with it. Also you can build/customize your alienware to your liking, from video card to chasis color, etc. there are many possiblities and there is also warranty/tech support to consider as well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Research what you need and shop around, shop around, shop around. it's an expensive purchase that too many people put too little thought into.

Whenever i get a new computer i research the parts i need, i understand what their average prices are, i make a list including backups that i'm willing to go for incase the stores i check out don't have my first choice. If they suggest something different i go back and research their recommendation before making any decision.

Keep in mind many computer stores will happily put it together for you and that won't cost much extra and will still result in a rig far cheaper than anything of comparable power from alienware (or *any* prefab computer company).

Finally, this may be more regionally specific to where i am in the world, but here atleast many stores will slice off up to a hundred dollars (or outright offer the OS for free) if you offer cash for your purchase.