Lt. Commander
# 11
12-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota
I think it's a creative entry, but I also think it's a little too much. They're still going for a 2 nacelled ship I think. I'm going to search for the entry that I think is the absolute right aproach (also believe it's already a Sto fan favorite). I'll edit this post afterwards

EDIT:

Chris Madden's entry:

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...Chris%20Madden
As awesome as that one is, I think it may be too close to the latest treks design, which CBS doesn't have the rights too.

I also think that it may be a step in the wrong direction, atleast for the Enterprise, but would be awesome if they added it in as a later tiered ship
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post
As awesome as that one is, I think it may be too close to the latest treks design, which CBS doesn't have the rights too.
I was actually hoping for something in that direction I still think it's well balanced and doesn't resemble it too much. The sleek nacelles makes us think about the enterprise J wich is a good thing IMO cause that's where we'll end up fighting the Guardians of the Spheres
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Nay I say
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
I was actually hoping for something in that direction I still think it's well balanced and doesn't resemble it too much. The sleek nacelles makes us think about the enterprise J wich is a good thing IMO cause that's where we'll end up fighting the Guardians of the Spheres
Well the J also had no "neck" so going from the Sovereigns neckless design back to the Constitution is a step backward IMO.

The thing is, as cool and retro as it is, I don't think it is the way they wanted to go...
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekvin85 View Post
Okeh...

First off, there is absolutely no chance you're going to win the contest, right? Taking a ship from SFC, changing a few details, and submitting it here as your own is both plagarism AND copyright infringement - you haven't made enough changes for the latter, and you've admitted to the former here in this thread.

That being said...

1) Ship does not fit any kind of design lineage between the Enterprise-E and the Enterprise-J...and that is what the contest is asking for: the next step along the path that leads from the Sovereign and the Ent-J.

2) Number of nacelles does not equal power of the ship - the total power that the ship has is determined by the size and number of warp cores it has - the nacelles are not the cores. Your ship in that regard looks overweight - again, needs some rethink.

Anyway, that's just off the top of my head - not something I'd vote for, even if it had a chance of winning. That's my opinion - take it for what it's worth.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-19-2010, 11:54 AM
I live outside the USA. Entry is invalid anyway :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-19-2010, 11:59 AM
It isn't too bad. Not a 100% fan of it. But at least you were able to do something.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
I have to agree about the design. It's great and it's very well drawn. Buuuuut, it's way to similar to the XI Enterprise . It's like the JJprise had a baby with the in game Excalibur class. I like it but I think what people like the most about it is that it's a very very well painted painting. I think that less of the votes are going to the presentation then the design.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Enterprise should be a ship of exploration. Not a ship of kicking the @#! of anything it comes across. Which is what this ship looks like it would do.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon176 View Post
Enterprise should be a ship of exploration. Not a ship of kicking the @#! of anything it comes across. Which is what this ship looks like it would do.
Keep in mind, it's a ship being designed when the Federation is at war with 6 different civilizations. The Enterprise is designed to be the flagship of Starfleet.