Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-17-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm on board for this. But maybe not a Feddie BO. Maybe something else for the Klingons. Some special item or something. Vanity or otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Am I the only one, with all due respect, to think that it's absolutely ridicilous to measure how much glory a person can have?

Please add Klingon rituals for roleplaying KDFers to participate in, that should give the 'feel' of walking the glorious path of klingon warrior.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-19-2010, 08:03 AM
You seem to overlook that you are already training your bridge officers with your honor (mesaured in honor units).
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-19-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry that's true but because every act of a klingon involves honor as reward, it's actually measurable, if you look at it that way. Glory is just a colorfull description.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woril View Post
In my opinion there should be an additional character progression path for Klingons as well, similar to the diplomacy expirience implemeted for the Federation faction.

Perhaps something like a glory rating, which can be increased by fighting randomly generated NPC captains acting as challengers in randomly generated space and ground missions provided by an NPC acting as a challenge broker. Fighting Klingon NPCs would also provide a possibility to accomplish accolades requiring defeating of Klingon Empire members.

This system could even be extended to include challenges to federation captains coming from Klingon NPCs, but in this case diplomacy expirience for Klingons should be implemented as well (diplomacy is not unknown to Klingons, since they at least have ambassadors).

What do you think about this?
This would be good to meet the challenge of rival houses and bring glory to the empire!
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-19-2010, 12:03 PM
it is definitely needed. I like the glory idea, but whatever you want to call it, I will sign.

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-19-2010, 12:09 PM
where is the glory in beating down dumbarse ai's?

i think it should be about symetrical suffering:

fed pvp focused players need to grind pve for diplo stuff.

so klink pve'ers (who want such stuff the most) should suffer by being forced to WIN pvp matches.

When you win a match, you get a bit of glory. when you win leading the herd, you get a bit more...
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post

so klink pve'ers (who want such stuff the most) should suffer by being forced to WIN pvp matches.

When you win a match, you get a bit of glory. when you win leading the herd, you get a bit more...
Not bad. Your siggy person looks like a skeptical beaker.

-- _
O.o
|_|
What.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post

PvP progresses PvP accolades, but not kill accolades for empire-friendly NPCs, which are subject of the original post.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-19-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm inclined to suggest that in place of a Fed BO (or even a Fed ship), it should be a level scaling item set you get piece by piece at each rank and each piece should be stolen Federation technology you can cobble onto your ships.

For example, a set of harvested Federation nacelles (with some extra rugged bits of gear hanging off to show how it's cobbled on). Each item is level independent and reduces your transwarp cooldown by a % (Klingons need faster transwarp back home rather than transwarps to more locations, I think).

At the max rank, maybe you get a baldric covered in trophy Federation combadges of varying types and a Fek'Ihri BO that word of your fearsome legend has subdued into service.

I think there are some cross-faction BOs I could see being available to Klingons (ie. a Bajoran mercenary, etc.) But I tend to think perfect symmetry shouldn't be a goal with faction design and any cross-faction mercenaries should probably be a latinum reward rather than shoe-horned into something other than diplomacy, if it isn't actually diplomacy.

In terms of mercenary BOs, I'd probably have them wear off-duty uniforms as their defeault costume and go for something like:

- Bajoran, Ferengi, Trill (Fed-based species)
- Klingon, Nausicaan, Orion (KDF-based species)
- Reman, Breen, Jem'Hadar (Non-playable species)

The pool of mercenaries would include a balance of races who are traditionally from different factions this way. For races like Orion and Nausicaan, they'd get a choice between your faction's uniforms and their racial gear. For other races, they'dprobably be wearing the Mercenary C-Store set and have the option to wear your faction's uniform.