Lt. Commander
# 1 Why was I quieted in game
12-19-2010, 03:05 PM
I was recruiting in game for my fleet and have done this since the launch of the game, but today I was silenced and have to wait 25 hours to talk again, why is that? What gives people the right to silence you for recruiting for your fleet? This is childish and I am very upset. I have been a member since the launch and I do not understand why someone can do this. I was not spamming nor was I posting the message in the same instance. So why am I silenced for 24 hours? Why will Cryptic not answer my question to this?

it seems to me that people in this game have power they should not. I have heard similar stories of people abusing their power in this game and did not really believe it until today!! I have been here for the long haul and it is not a crime to recruit for your fleet!

I am VERY disappointed that Cryptic would allow something like this to happen!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2010, 03:10 PM
It's an anti-spam system in the game. If you are spamming a chat channel and enough people report it to a GM or if you spam the message enough in a short enough period of time then you may be silenced for a bit.

Remember, Zone chat is visible in all instances of a zone so there is no need to move from zone to zone broadcasting. One message every five to ten minutes is enough.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Why ask us?
Send a PM
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2010, 03:16 PM
So rather than using the right methods for recruiting, you spammed zone chat and got silienced for it?

Bout damn time, if anything the threshold that triggers this should be brought downwards, still far too much of it in ESD and Sirius space.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
It's an anti-spam system in the game. If you are spamming a chat channel and enough people report it to a GM or if you spam the message enough in a short enough period of time then you may be silenced for a bit.

Remember, Zone chat is visible in all instances of a zone so there is no need to move from zone to zone broadcasting. One message every five to ten minutes is enough.
This right here
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Basically you were spamming, or atleast were percieved as doing such. Some people don't appreciate fleet recruitment spam and you got the pointy end of their ire.

Whilst i wouldn't report you for it i agree with them, i certainly wouldn't join any fleet that felt it had to spam ESD to get recruits. That's what the fleet recruitment forum is for IMO.

Course, i also agree that the system currently in place is a little silly. It does seem open to abuse at times.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Discussion moderation or in-game punishments on the forums is a violation of the Discussion Board Rules.

If you wish to challenge or critique action taken against you by the Star Trek Online community team, contact them at:
community@crypticstudios.com
or
file a ticket
Closed Thread