Lt. Commander
# 11
12-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSterling
I'd rather see Galen82's design win the contest. It's the best I've seen. Too bad he's not in the U.S. though.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...b2-d33da8i.jpg
god darn nice ship.....could he get a relative or friend to submit it in the US?
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Smoke! Long time, no see! I'm glad that you're still around.

Is there any way that you can get a message to the guy that created those great pictures? Perhaps through his Deviant Art account? If you can, maybe you want to let him know about the contest. Then he could chose to enter the contest if he wants.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HittingSmoke View Post
I don't remember his forum name. He was around here in beta. He made a few posts in a single Ten Forward thread with one of his fan ship designs. The response was incredible. So incredible, in fact, that his post was quickly buried in a few dozen pages and lost except to those who saw it and were following the thread because of it.

I managed to track down his Deviant Art account again. I looked through the contestants and I don't see anything resembling his work (and if there is, someone should verify that it's not someone stealing it) or anything nearing the quality and love that goes into his designs.

Here is a front and side view of the ship he was showing off in beta. Maybe I'm just missing it and he has submitted it, because the last time I saw it, it had it's own name and now it's called the Enterprise-J in the pics.

He has some other great ones in his gallery as well.

I'm hoping he's still around and has submitted at least one of his designs as they look very canon while still looking futuristic. If not he needs to be alerted to the contest.
I believe Joshua had entered his Perception design into the contest, so he can't enter other designs without violation of the 1 entry limitation.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Basically, its a Sov + the new JJ prise. Still, I like it
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I believe Joshua had entered his Perception design into the contest, so he can't enter other designs without violation of the 1 entry limitation.
Joshua is working some things out and entering his designs... I have spoken to him its set,
weeeeeeee i like his designs...
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-20-2010, 04:51 PM
I like the overall style of the design. I would only suggest red bussard collector's to eliminate the JJ-prise similarities. With the scale of a starcruiser it would compliment what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-20-2010, 05:11 PM
I wouldnt mind that as a sov reskin. In fact, I'd buy it for Cryptic points.

As the Enterprise F, hell fricking no.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSterling
I'd rather see Galen82's design win the contest. It's the best I've seen. Too bad he's not in the U.S. though.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...b2-d33da8i.jpg
Well I'm not going to argue for a second that it's more original and would make an awesome 1701-F. Love the design and I would definitely rate it five stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Smoke! Long time, no see! I'm glad that you're still around.

Is there any way that you can get a message to the guy that created those great pictures? Perhaps through his Deviant Art account? If you can, maybe you want to let him know about the contest. Then he could chose to enter the contest if he wants.
I could PM his Deviant Art account but from the looks of some of the replies here he's submitted another one of his designs already and is still around the forums

I had RL issues that prevented me from playing and was a little frustrated with the pace and direction the game was taking in some aspects. Long story short, I came back to check out Season 3 cause, well I'm a lifer... so why not? Love the direction Cryptic is taking and it's starting to look like the MMO I envisioned in beta. So yep, I'm back!