Lt. Commander
# 21
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
I'm disappointed to see how easy it is to craft the Aegis set...I loged in travelled to MA and crafted 2 sets within 1 minute and I still have left over materials to craft a few more sets.
How do you go about doing this? I've been playing STO since launch and probably have all the materials I need. I just don't understand crafting. (STO is my first MMO as well.) Any help you could provide would greatly be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
How do you go about doing this? I've been playing STO since launch and probably have all the materials I need. I just don't understand crafting. (STO is my first MMO as well.) Any help you could provide would greatly be appreciated.
Once you have the materials for crafting goto Memory Alpha...there you goto the center console and look at the "recipes" there are for making items...every item has a specific recipe for creating it...the more you craft the better items you can create...at first you get Mk 2 or 4 items and then as you get more pts you can craft Mk 6 & 8, then 10 & 11, the items you don't need you can keep for a fleet or sell on xchng...when you go exploring in the different areas around the galaxy there are different anomalies that you acquire to use for crafting..there are 10 different lvs I think for crafting located in Delta volanis, or b'tran neb. or other places like that. Then just have the right combos to create whatever it is you want to get.

Very simple Email me if you have more questions
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
I'm disappointed to see how easy it is to craft the Aegis set...I loged in travelled to MA and crafted 2 sets within 1 minute and I still have left over materials to craft a few more sets.
What? You want to have to give blood or something - Crafting has been so lackluster before the recent changes, anyone who maxed out was saving mats, so of course if you have a lot of saved mats on hand, and are maxed out it's easy.

If you're someone new, who has to work up crafting, then get the mats, it'll take a while (or a lot of EC for the rare particles. IMO, it's just nice to now have some items where Crafting in game is more useful; and is another avenue to acquire equipment from.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-21-2010, 02:27 PM
http://www.stowiki.org/Assimilated_Borg_Technology

How exactly is that Borg shield a good idea? This thing is better than a hypothetical Regen Mk X Capx3 Regx3! This is easily the most overpowered shield in the game, and within a week high level PvP is going to turn into "Infinitely Regenerating shield tanks online". Within another week teams of PSW spaming alpha worlf packs will make a resurgence as the only way to kill a shield tank using the Borg shields is going to be massive alpha strikes. Devs, your understanding of the game has become so seperated from that of high level PvPers it's not even funny. If you want to actually balance the game you need to play the God damn game first! Make your own PvP fleet even! Or just hire some random PvPer to do the balancing for you as that person will do a far superior job. Not taking the time to seriously PvP yourselves is the equivalent of willful incompetence. Disgusting.