Lt. Commander
# 1 Assimilated
12-21-2010, 02:13 PM
am i the only on who gets no stand against the borg in the lab? BO-Ai is dumb as ass, the borg keep pushing me around, interrupting EVERY move i make, im more stunned and held and borged then any other thing, i. can. do. nothing. the seldom chances i can eliminate a small group of borg my BO starts to sprint cross the hall, pulling every mob he can see. the breen is throwing his grenades elsewhere, theyre doing every thing but dont shoot. what the hell is wrong with this piece of sh.... erm i mean with this mission? im full of anger now, TWO HOLE HOURS for NOTHIN. died a dozen times. find the nodes, destroy them, get the floor wiped your federationarse... and again, and then respawn. WTH!?!?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 02:20 PM
It's a pretty easy mission if you don't run out into the room with your bridge officers free to do their own thing. Set them in a waypoint in the hallway where you start, run out and tag a group, sprint back around the corner and let the borg shamble to their deaths. When you get a group with a node, bring them back, stand there until your bridge officers get all the agro, then run back and kill the node. You only need to clear along the wall left from the start point to finish the mission, once the shield is down you can send your bridge officers up the middle and sneak in to plant the virus them beam up before you're overwhelmed, and even that's only if you want to save time. You can continue the waypoint/pull method to clear the whole room if you want, moving your officers to different side hallways when the starting area is too far away from new pulls.

I'll add a bonus bit: In the first section of the cube, put all your officers on passive. Borg in their alcoves won't attack unless attacked, or in some cases if you mess with a device near them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
sounds reasonable, ill give it try. maybe with an other crew. thanx!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
I've done the mission 3 times today on Advances on 3 different alts and never died once - and it's never taken me even an hour to do it. I agree that your BOs can get a little hyper at times but that's why you have the ability to keep them around you with the pet controls. Also remember that when you're held to pop a hypo/heal. Those will allow you to break free from the hold.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I've done the mission 3 times today on Advances on 3 different alts and never died once - and it's never taken me even an hour to do it. I agree that your BOs can get a little hyper at times but that's why you have the ability to keep them around you with the pet controls.
i did the mission a while ago on tribble with success on the second try. without any pet control. seems a riddle to me what went so wrong this evening.

Quote:
Also remember that when you're held to pop a hypo/heal. Those will allow you to break free from the hold.
oh. i did not know! thanx 4 the info!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Set officers to passive mode. Then when you need to fight, have them target whomever you target as to not pull in any other mobs. Do not use turrets as that will fire at whatever it thinks is a threat... which can kill you and your away team in the end.