Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
12-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Hmm.. I have no problem with carriers doing direct damage.. As long as its at the cost of pet effectiveness..

How about tying pet capabilities to ship powerlevels? Or is that to excessive
I agree. What power setting would cover pets though? Auxillary would be my choice but this is already the science class stigmata.

Mainly though my other post was to point out that carriers as a whole don't have a lot of guns for direct attacks against the enemy and tend to have guns designed for defensive purposes for the majority, anti-missles, anti-aircraft, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Guess, there's no more FvF and KvK after FvK and KvK is destroyed.
One would figure as much.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
One would figure as much.
Typo *KvF.

Fixed
Lt. Commander
# 33 That may work
12-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Remove FvK, and KvF. Problem solved.
Then again if someone may think that otherside is OP dont que for that pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
The only positive thing Klings have gotten is the much needed buff to the carrier pets, making the ship viable (and in turn, finally giving an option for hazards/transfer shield/sci team healers). The ship is still the same and has the same obvious weaknesses, its just that it counters the current metagame (cruisers).

All the new ships are ****, save for maybe the dumbed down star cruiser equivalent (which in most cases if youre going to use, you might as well just play fed).
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Then again if someone may think that otherside is OP dont que for that pvp.
Well, I thought it was pretty obvious that the original post was sarcastic. I'm merely trying to point out that it isn't the empires that are OP, but individual elements.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
That would be a interesting idea, but the community as a whole seem resistant to the risk reward of things based on power settings unless its weapons. I believe aux skills should have a drain mechanic like CRF, CSV, FaW, BOv, or 8 beam setups have so that you have to be strategic with a build or use of powers not just spam, spam, and then spam some more.
Mmm... Every (or selected ones) CC skill useage drains aux?

Id buy that, it would seem logical that an aux dependent (Sci and Eng alike) power drains aux (or in case of TSS, shields).. Some naturally more than others..
Lt. Commander
# 37 Yay
12-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Well, I thought it was pretty obvious that the original post was sarcastic. I'm merely trying to point out that it isn't the empires that are OP, but individual elements.
I got that and understand your point you being OP on both side prove no side is OP, my earlyer post was intended for the one that really thinks OP is in game when we all know OP is QQing on the forums for a Nerf.

So they can go with your original post idea or I got one we all get shuttles with one weapon all the same and no boffs or captain skills and kill eachother then we can come one here and hear the OP threads rage.