Lt. Commander
# 21
12-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Cereal?
Serious cereal. We're talking like Fiber One here, not Trix silly rabbit. :p (Note: This is merely a joke and is not meant to say that you or your concerns are silly Capulet, though you most likely understand that. Clarification is in case anyone else missed it.)

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before in that gigantic thread up top. However, I wanted to say so again. The games are separate, and we feel that CO customers needed, and deserve that stipend of points for their loyalty to Champions continuing past the free to play conversion. However, we also think that the reward for subscribing to CO should be spent enjoying CO to your fullest.

I still think the LTS sub for CO is an incredible deal. There's going to be more stuff in the C-store there once the conversion goes live, and the team there is planning a very aggressive roll out of new content in the form of new Adventure Packs. I maintain that being a LTS for CO will save you quite a bit of money in the future.

However, we don't want you to buy a LTS for CO just so you can have Cryptic Points in this game. If you're going to put down that kind of investment, we want you to do so because you enjoy Champions, and hope to continue to play it for years to come. Not so you can have perks in another game we also make.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Very well said doggie. No animosity from me on this, just a popped balloon. The idea of having a bit of an influx of C-store points was the last bit of a push to get me to scrap for extra cash quicker. I do enjoy CO very much.

*eyes STO community* But I so <3 STO too. Both are great games, and yes the LTS sale right before the launch of FTP was a very smart move.

Ok, i;m spent. *jumps on a paint*

HOME JEEVES!
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before in that gigantic thread up top. However, I wanted to say so again. The games are separate, and we feel that CO customers needed, and deserve that stipend of points for their loyalty to Champions continuing past the free to play conversion. However, we also think that the reward for subscribing to CO should be spent enjoying CO to your fullest.

I still think the LTS sub for CO is an incredible deal. There's going to be more stuff in the C-store there once the conversion goes live, and the team there is planning a very aggressive roll out of new content in the form of new Adventure Packs. I maintain that being a LTS for CO will save you quite a bit of money in the future.

However, we don't want you to buy a LTS for CO just so you can have Cryptic Points in this game. If you're going to put down that kind of investment, we want you to do so because you enjoy Champions, and hope to continue to play it for years to come. Not so you can have perks in another game we also make.

Thanks,

Stormshade

But I played CO. It doesn't measure up to the quality and quantity of content in this game. I don't enjoy playing Co anymore, I haven't since STO beta launched.

But I invested in it in faith of the Company of Cryptic not that one game in particular...so this stipend will sit and accumulate with no use in some random Champions vault until the end of time because I'm never on there because I wanna play this game.

it's frustrating because I bought the game that is the red-headed stepchild of Cryptic. The game (god bless the devs over there) isn't anywhere near where it should be a year after launch especially compared to the massive strides made by STO. Either because a lack of money or manpower or both directed at it.

I mean they're making adventure packs that are just the same thing with new skins...Goto UNTIL Goto this place Goto 5 different linear dungeons and defeat the boss and activate or deactivate item... then beat big boss in final linear dungeon.

It's, seriously, literally the same design with different skins...why would I wanna play that when I have sto innovating and improving month after month? Just because I have unused points there doesn't mean I'll play.

As for that last part, does this mean STO is going F2P and that all STO C-Store items are gonna be handed out to everyone? Because if you have people willing to give you lots of money for a game they may never touch...that seems like just good business and doesn't really hurt anyone. So unless you're gonna start giving everything away I don't understand why you'd not want people's money.

They get their C-Points, you get there money, everyone's happy. It's just buying C-Points on a different transaction scale really...especially since they can play the game for free...they might as well just buy C-Points every months and a half or so that can be used for both games rather than bother subbing to CO...

If someone told me a year+ ago that the LTers would get a stipend that wouldn't be any good for STO but they could play the game for free (and pretty much exactly how they're playing it now) I'd have not bought the LT knowing what I know now and instead bought non-segregated C-Points with that 300 bucks.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-22-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
But I played CO. It doesn't measure up to the quality and quantity of content in this game. I don't enjoy playing Co anymore, I haven't since STO beta launched.

But I invested in it in faith of the Company of Cryptic not that one game in particular...so this stipend will sit and accumulate with no use in some random Champions vault until the end of time because I'm never on there because I wanna play this game.

it's frustrating because I bought the game that is the red-headed stepchild of Cryptic. The game (god bless the devs over there) isn't anywhere near where it should be a year after launch especially compared to the massive strides made by STO. Either because a lack of money or manpower or both directed at it.

I mean they're making adventure packs that are just the same thing with new skins...Goto UNTIL Goto this place Goto 5 different linear dungeons and defeat the boss and activate or deactivate item... then beat big boss in final linear dungeon.

It's, seriously, literally the same design with different skins...why would I wanna play that when I have sto innovating and improving month after month? Just because I have unused points there doesn't mean I'll play.

As for that last part, does this mean STO is going F2P and that all STO C-Store items are gonna be handed out to everyone? Because if you have people willing to give you lots of money for a game they may never touch...that seems like just good business and doesn't really hurt anyone. So unless you're gonna start giving everything away I don't understand why you'd not want people's money.

They get their C-Points, you get there money, everyone's happy. It's just buying C-Points on a different transaction scale really...especially since they can play the game for free...they might as well just buy C-Points every months and a half or so that can be used for both games rather than bother subbing to CO...

If someone told me a year+ ago that the LTers would get a stipend that wouldn't be any good for STO but they could play the game for free (and pretty much exactly how they're playing it now) I'd have not bought the LT knowing what I know now and instead bought non-segregated C-Points with that 300 bucks.
I am in exactly the same position as you and agree with all of the points you made. Wish I had skipped CO (which still is lacking content and is a complete joke compared to STO) and bought a LTS for STO instead.